Practice session 01: Colors Of The Heart

Practice session 01: Colors Of The Heart

A Story by O. Ragnarok
"

Well, I'm working on my description skills. Here's the result.

"

How should I describe this room? After the aimless wanderings of imperial white fluff that led me here, and all the splendor in between, this locale seems bland, to say the least. However, pressed for a description, In a word, I’d say green. That is not to say that the walls are green, nor is the floor, the ceiling, or any of its inhabitants. But the description still fits. How? You may ask?

Simple: Yellow and blue. An indiscriminate blue shades the walls about the entrance, as well as the area surrounding the front desk. Almost as though it is trying to give the impression of being lost at sea. This color is trying to be an amalgam of all shades of blue, but fails short, becoming a bland staleness. It is boring, and I suppose that it serves its purpose as such, a soothing calmness washes over most upon entering, but I am not so easily swayed.
 
As to the yellow? It could just as easily be a shade of off-white, it lacks interest just as well. Perhaps it should be called eggshell? Whichever its name, It never makes direct contact with the blue. Like Romeo and Juliet, the lovers are separated by the stark red and white of their families. The Crimson-tinged Montigues coat the floor, with the pristine white Capulets watching over, preventing either from meeting. A sad shame, but such is industry. Should the two ever meet…
 
And explosion of pinks and greens! Purples and that aforementioned blue shall finally meet its destiny. A shade of green, no more ambiguity. A rainbow within a color, can you imagine it? Neither can I, but it’s fun to dream…

© 2009 O. Ragnarok


Author's Note

O. Ragnarok
Please, this is an experiment. If you are willing and able, I implore you to show absolutely no mercy. Whether you mean it or not, I want the worst possible treatment for this piece. That is the best way to learn and improve.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on January 15, 2009

Author

O. Ragnarok
O. Ragnarok

NY



About
Well, I'm trying to push my way into the professional circuit. May as well give this a try. I work slowly, so expect at least a month between posts. Most of my stuff is posted in several places, anywa.. more..

Writing