Beyond Day Ten

Beyond Day Ten

A Story by Patrick M Arthur
"

The movement is alive now...

"

The Movement is alive now, not as a thing or an idea alone, but as a greater consciousness, awakening and growing from its own perpetual impetus. As we accelerate wildly past the tenth day, Liberty Plaza has grown into something that maybe no one could have expected, a living, breathing entity feeding on the power of over a thousand united voices and shitting out the crooked ideologies that have unashamedly hurled society to the brink of disaster. Any doubt as to the universal sense that what we are doing is right, from our side or theirs, has vanished and the new question slowly writing itself into the bylines of major mass media is how far will the Occupation movement reach? But that is no question here in lower Manhattan, because we know that there is no-where this movement will not reach. Only ten days ago New York City proclaimed to the world that the high-rise oligarchy looking down at us has long passed its date of expiration. While the perceived masters mockingly pour champagne from their rooftops, our passion has multiplied into the streets of thirty major American cities. Still, this is only the beginning, a formative stage from where our presence can soon no longer be ignored, or brushed aside as the cries of the lazy poor.

The mantle of peaceful revolution has enthusiastically been taken on by the people of Boston and Miami, of Dallas, San Diego and Chicago, Philadelphia, Portland, Phoenix and everywhere else that the torture of freedom has been routinely perpetrated. The movement grows organically, from the ground under our very soles. Not being at once conceived, financed or propagated by the most acute instruments of greed we have grown unstoppable and are unafraid to face whatever happens next. The balance of power is coming back to where it belongs, within the clenched red fist of the United States’ citizens. Time is now the only force standing between ourselves and the kind of true liberty that we and those who nobly marched before have struggled so long to make real.

Previous to the Occupation, the same dire consequence festered in the recesses of America’s collective mind, that after seeing London and Athens engulfed in flame, the same kind of public anger would carry over to the New World and when it finally did, the destruction would be ten-fold. Since this past seventeenth, however, a weary nation is being made aware of a new direction, an evolved revolution to steer us away from the fire’s edge and to a place of genuine opportunity for all humankind. Now, in little over one week, a bright future can be seen rising over the decaying midnight horizon of a society based on limitless monetary lust.

Right now is our moment of destiny. Today is our chance to create a true Democracy, a unique space-time where unlikely dreams become hard-earned reality, made even more beautiful because of the astonishing effort we all gave to achieve it. September the Seventeenth did not just mark a new chapter in the human story, it is where a whole new f*****g volume began. When we look back on this time, fifty years from now or a hundred, we will be eager to tell our stories about what it was like to be at the center of these peaceful Occupations. How we danced and how we celebrated each other, and what is was like to literally be able to feel the People’s Voice thunder through a land full of Liberty Plazas, forcing back the faulty monoliths towering above Wall Street. We have seized this charged American moment with both hands and have vowed to hold on to it with all the strength we have in them, because making history is always a wild ride.

© 2011 Patrick M Arthur


Author's Note

Patrick M Arthur
visit LoveUnityMagic.com to see my full portfolio

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
Added on November 9, 2011
Last Updated on November 9, 2011

Author

Patrick M Arthur
Patrick M Arthur

New York, NY



About
Patrick M Arthur is a writer and activist living in the NYC area. He is dedicated to improving Human rights, relations and destiny through discussion and embrace of all the things that make us unique.. more..

Writing