Chris

Chris

A Poem by PadfootBlack

Smack me again

Yeah I dare you, my friend

To lay a single f*****g finger on me

 

No please, I didn’t mean to offend

Just sometimes I don’t comprehend

Your strength has no end

I know that, please don’t-!

But you hurt me yet again,

And each time I try to befriend you

I’ll think I made a breakthrough

Only to learn it’s untrue

With the slap of your hand

You teach me that I’m in your command

It’s your land

You’re the king

And I’m only a farmhand

I meekly bow my head

And take it all in

Maybe next time

He’ll forgive me my sin

 

© 2010 PadfootBlack


Author's Note

PadfootBlack
Short, I know. But still (kinda) a rap, so knock yourselves out. This had... an odd inspiration... based on a previous abusive relationship where he believed he was completely and utterly superior, and he would knock me down both physically mentally/emotionally. We're friends now, but he was/kinda still is an egomaniac, and a violent one at that. It wasn't nearly as bad as some people's relationship, I was able to tell him it's over and stuff, but it was still kinda awful for a little bit. He wasn't a sadist or anything, he just had some serious ego/anger issues, and we both knew it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First off I'm not a big fan of Rap and I'm definetly not a fan of a man and I use term lightly who slaps his woman around like she was yesterdays news...i'm sorry you went through that and my heart goes out to you. But how in the hell can you remain friends with an abuser is beyond me..You should have more respect for yourself...Sorry sweety this one just infuriates me....

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is one of those "right on the money" poems. It would also be an amazing song! youre really tallented

Posted 13 Years Ago


First of all I loved the poem, or rap haha. It was wonderfully written and you have a way with words. I especially liked the conceit to being a farmhand and bowing your head. This was really powerful, and hits home. This poem is really relatable and can touch a lot of people. When you are going through a struggle, it's nice to know that you are not alone and that other people are feeling the same thing that you do. Very inspiring. Also, I love the fact that you named it Chris. I'm assuming that Chris is the name of the man mentioned in the story, although I could be completely wrong. But either way I think it's bold to name something after the person it's about and I thoroughly enjoyed this. Good job, keep writing :)

-AreWeBothCrazy

Posted 13 Years Ago


You damn masochist.

:/ Haven't I taught you anything?

Posted 13 Years Ago


*sniffles* I am now going to kick Chris's a*s.

I liked it. AND I still can't rap. Lol. x) Though I could if i tried; i liked how you wrote this one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


First off I'm not a big fan of Rap and I'm definetly not a fan of a man and I use term lightly who slaps his woman around like she was yesterdays news...i'm sorry you went through that and my heart goes out to you. But how in the hell can you remain friends with an abuser is beyond me..You should have more respect for yourself...Sorry sweety this one just infuriates me....

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010

Author

PadfootBlack
PadfootBlack

NY



About
Come dream with me. more..

Writing