2,977

2,977

A Story by PadfootBlack
"

A dedication to the people who suffered and died during the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

"

2,977.

 

Remember that number, implant it in your mind. That's how many innocent people died. 2,977 people, human souls with families, friends, jobs, pets, houses. Normal people. Like me. Like you. They gave their lives for their country, whether they wanted to or not, and the least we can do is take ONE DAY out of our little lives to REMEMBER.

Remember September 11th.

Take off your hat, show some respect.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Remember 2,977 human beings with lives much like yours.

Shed a tear for them, say a prayer for them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Remember the workers. Those who toiled night and day through the rubble, searching desperately for life in the ruins.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Remember the broken hearts of family and friends. Comfort them, show them love, mourn with them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But please... somehow... REMEMBER.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2010 PadfootBlack


Author's Note

PadfootBlack
I am quite willing to have a scientific discussion with anyone who wishes to challenge the fact that TERRORISTS killed all those innocent Americans on 9/11, but NOT TODAY. Today is for the people that died, do NOT dirty that, do not taint this day, the memories, by throwing around your ignorant opinion. Today is for THEM.

Also, I did not include the terrorists who died in the 2,977 people. I said it before, I'll say it again. This day is for THEM, the innocents who were killed. I will not disrespect their memory by including the murderers in this piece.

On a less aggressive note, I know our lives are busy, but please take some time today to remember. Thank you for reading, and feel free to review while maintaining RESPECT.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Bought tears to my eyes, and your author's note says it all........I remember that day so clearly, and a day I never wish to see again........well done for putting together such a beautiful strong tribute.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I was right across the river when it happened..I saw both planes hit. The most horrific thing I've ever seen in my life. I tries to get over the 'GWB' George Washington Bridge to see if I could help. nothing doing all paths to NYC sealed tighter then a drum...Nice work PFB, I will never forget!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Love this!! Great Job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The number is so much more. The fireman and the policeman/dock patrol. Those who die leave me weak and sad. When they show the faces and told stories of the loss lives. Great people lost for reasons I still don't understand. In the buildings it was multi-culture and took many who were the leaders of the world to come. You are right. We need to pray and remember them.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

448 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2010
Last Updated on September 11, 2010
Tags: 9/11, twin towers, death, mourning, memorial

Author

PadfootBlack
PadfootBlack

NY



About
Come dream with me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Man Man

A Poem by Tate Morgan