A Small Thought

A Small Thought

A Poem by mysticgmekeepr

Women are vessels for the gods.
We are filled, we are poured out,
we are emptied, and we are filled again,
and thru it all, even in the joy and the laughter,
we are moist with the worlds weeping.

© 2008 mysticgmekeepr


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

thank you all for your lovely comments. Have not been around here for so long. I could not get into the site for a very long time for some reason.

Posted 14 Years Ago


It is the "small thought", which can change one's view of life and gender. As a transwoman, i know this, all too well, in Society's view towards women, in general. Your poem expresses the naturalness of a woman showing her emotions without being sentimentality about it. As Evesdaughter suggested, you should change "thru" to "throught". I know it is only stylistic differences that we are talking about here. Otherwise, it doesn't make a difference in the delivery of your message in this poem. Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


That is the Grandest thought I've seen in a while . . . Loveliness in every word.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Excellently done.
The receptivity of the female is too often misunderstood as a weakness. The image of being a vessel that is filled, and then emptied is very powerful. Such pain and such strength......
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is SO true!! An acknowledgment of the beauty and the burden of being a woman. I don't think I have ever read anything so succinctly eloquent about we females...thank you!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


wow, short, to the point, and shows another side to women i really didnt picture in my mind. i see women as wonderful piramids of golden happyness and love, not all gloom and dusk, but i guess there is a dark side to every coin.

Posted 16 Years Ago


When I read this a vision of Aphrodite of Milos immediately comes to mind. Beautiful, suffering, bearing the burden of all of the worlds pain yet the bearer of Life and the giver of Joy.

Simply a beautiful work!




Posted 16 Years Ago


Intense! And truthful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Simply divine. This is just lovely
and more like a work of art. My
only suggestion would be to write
the word "through" instead of
thru...



Posted 16 Years Ago


What a cute, sweet poem. A unique take on women's role in the world, I loved this a lot! ^_^

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2008

Author

mysticgmekeepr
mysticgmekeepr

OH



About
I am a woman and a child, an adolescent in an older persons shell, an ancient in a child's disguise, a mystery and a metaphor, opposites and contradictions, swirling waters and peace. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..