The race

The race

A Story by Pankajfb
"

Some dreamy eyes that want to do its work

"
The race : a story of dissertation

"If I had a jio sim I would have learn how to reach on the ground, what is essential norms that an athlete should follow, what is the daily rituals of the athlete who made in Olympics after all it is my first ever step on the mighty ground that I wanted to step since a long time, I cannot behave like a nomadic , I must know how to talk with my associates and my mentors", the racer was doing a soliloquy. What if I had a jio sim from where I could find an LTE phone so no matter of purchasing a jio sim now I can buy a new pair of shoe lays this one is dirty and very thin to tied the shoe properly thought the racer who just bought the old shoes from a nearby shop of used goods. 
"What are you doing?, why the breakfast is not ready?" Her ear noticed a rash voice from the lawn where the owner of the house was sitting. The voice came her back into the reality of the brutal world that was Waiting for sacrifice her dreams. She started to work fast so she can complete the work before 9 am and can go to a place where she belongs, a ground, a running ground.
It was 9 am the sun who desperately wanted to take the thermometer beyond 100° F didn't able to make it, yes it was the winter season.  "Stop, how you dare to enter the stadium" the guard shouted on her. "Uncle, I want to take some rounds of the ground, can I?" She acted like she dint listen the warning and just asked with a cute smile. "Anyone cannot practice here you have to enroll itself before the management committee and then there is a trial and if you be choosen then you could take a part with your coach here", the guard said to her after seeing hers mellow face. So, sir when it will? The guard told her that it would conduct on the 15th of every month. The day had passed in between the girl worked hard to please hers madam where she was working, the trial was conducted for three days any aspirant who want to take part should come at sharp 6 am and remain there till 11 am. It was 14th of the chilling month hers mam with some friends was sitting in the drawing room and taking the intellectual talk of child rights, democracy and empathy. She ordered to the girl to come with tea, the girl thought that this is the right time to tell her about her trial madam seems happy she will allow me to take part after all she is a kind woman, she has sympathy for the children. She told her about the trial and requested to permit her, madam listened her but didn't respond. The girl came back and was looking towards the drawing room hoping for a permission but she listened something that was a reply cum taunt in itself. " doctors son is a future doctor and the maids daughter is a future maid, ha ha ha". She couldn't believe that they were the same women who was talking about society and children. A tear rolled down from her eyes but she is an athlete she can't cry, and she wiped her eyes within a second and went to her madam to show her eagerness for the trial. "You are allowed to go when I stopped you" the madam asked,  the girl was very happy and wanted to curse herself for thinking bad about her madam,  "but you need not to come here anymore" the mam completed her statement. 
"All the aspirants should go to the counter no. 1 and submit the fees and other credentials " the loudspeaker announced loudly. The girl saw all around, there were a lot of kids in sporty garments with their parents but they don't able  to snatch the notice of the girl, her eyes was searching the very counter. She reached to the counter and found that there is an entry fees for participating in the trial, and the participant must have a guardian to sign a declaration. She was dejected, but her mind remembered her that she is an athlete, she laughed and stood up. Now her face was no more mellow no more tensed, she got to know that for participating in this race you should belong to a particular race. Because she is an athlete she promised herself that she would belong to this race, its just a matter of time and the new race of her life ie. The survival race has been started

© 2016 Pankajfb


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on November 26, 2016
Last Updated on November 26, 2016

Author

Pankajfb
Pankajfb

Delhi, India