Lies

Lies

A Poem by Jinx Rosenrot
"

One of my earliest poems, just a little warm up for this site to see how things turn out.

"

The lies.

They are all written on my skin. All of them. They cover my body like tattoos and I try to hide them, but it's difficult. Can't you see? I know They can. They see right through me. I am an open book, transparent as glass... They see themselves reflected in the lies and They know.

Look at where these lies have gotten me. I promise I'll never lie to you again, but that doesn't excuse my other flaws. All I can seem to do is hurt the people I love most... Just who I am hurts them. Hurts us. I can't stop being this weapon. I don't want to hurt anyone but it seems my nature.

I'm at ease with anger and drunk with physical contact and empty promises that I conjured out of hollow words. I'll bet the second I actually need to hurt someone I won't be able to. I'll be useless and there will be no one there to protect me. God help me. Please. I don't want to hurt those I love. Please...

Maybe if I let the ink replace my blood, then it won't be so wrong.


© 2012 Jinx Rosenrot


Author's Note

Jinx Rosenrot
Most all my poems are in free-form instead of typical form.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on August 13, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2012

Author

Jinx Rosenrot
Jinx Rosenrot

About
I am a short story writer as well as a poet. more..

Writing
Pages Pages

A Poem by Jinx Rosenrot