Poppy Silver's Lining

Poppy Silver's Lining

A Poem by Shay
"

A tribute to one of the best humans to grace this planet.. Miss Poppy Silver! :)

"
Poppy Silver’s Lining

The swing that hung from the arm of the giant oak was a companion on temperate afternoons.
Swaying softly with summer’s exhaled breaths was solace to a conflicted mind’s incessant questioning.

Apollo himself must have painted the sky on that day; for the sun’s amber hue had never been so iridescently showcased.
Her shining smile shot fragmented light beams across Mother Nature’s delicate masterpiece, catching a shimmer in the distance.

Bare feet pressed themselves into lush green grass lending haste to curious eyes as they widened in amazement.
A carpet of tangelo colored children singing melodically among the whispered wind.

Hidden within the center was divine magnificence; a gift bestowed by heaven’s ambient love.
She was a lone Poppy with a silver lining, proof that even in a sea of common place it only takes one.

One heart,
One Soul,
One heartfelt notion,

She was an anomaly, which awakened the hope soundly sleeping inside life’s cynicism.
A shooting star wish gracefully landing in the arms of the childhood dreams materializing before me.

Her sincerity placed a smile across life’s indignant allegory.
No longer would a spark of fervor be absent in the light of her grace.
A realization flooded the damn of the obstinate self destruction.
No longer could it hold hostage the shattered pieces of despondency.

That swing that hung from the arm of the giant oak may have been my companion on temperate afternoons, but thy beautiful flower is the reason I draw breath to see another day.
For she is Poppy Silver… humanities silver lining

© 2010 Shay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

she is this and so much more, she graces us with her presence and everything that s her... and this poem Shay, shines as a beacon in a very dark world...

Posted 5 Years Ago


A great tribute to a very talented poetess...Excellent...:)...........

Posted 10 Years Ago


Metaphorically immense. Your friend in words, Pete

Posted 11 Years Ago


Welcome to WC Shay...Tell Poppy I said "Hi."

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is so very beautiful Shay, how lovely. Goosebumps. What a wonderful write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Paxx love thank you so much for your review.. it means a great deal to me to have someone of your abilities compliment my work... xx
Poppy love you deserve so much more then this my love... muah.. but for now this will have to do love you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Shimmering tribute to a shining soul.

The subject matter enhances your lyric mood, and the words flow like a cooling mountain stream.

"Bare feet pressed themselves into lush green grass lending haste to curious eyes as they widened in amazement./A carpet of tangelo colored children singing melodically among the whispered wind."

Those almost offhand lines attract me for their suppleness and grace.

"Apollo himself must have painted the sky on that day; for the sun’s amber hue had never been so iridescently showcased.
Her shining smile shot fragmented light beams across Mother Nature’s delicate masterpiece, catching a shimmer in the distance."

These essential lines have the pleasing quality of a creation myth.

Entirely beautiful.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

487 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 22, 2010
Last Updated on September 22, 2010

Author

Shay
Shay

cowpatty, CA



About
My Introduction: Just a quick blurb about myself! Hi, I'm Shay some know me as Papillon Casse :) Writing is a hobby for me not a profession. Below you will see Apollo Blessed. This wonderful site i.. more..

Writing
Daybreak Daybreak

A Poem by Shay