Snow Fall

Snow Fall

A Story by ParadoxicSpencer
"

A short story about a very average boy who meets a tragic end.

"

Snow Fall

I had always been a carefree person. Never before would I ever think twice about a thing like romance. I never wanted it or needed it. I was satisfied as just being the character in the background, someone that everyone eventually forgot. I was fine with being the naive person I was. My life never seemed boring, but it wasn’t eventful either. It was just your normal high school life, but I was content with it. The future didn’t intrigue me, and the past didn’t worry me; I existed only for the present.

Who would’ve guessed the moment the world seemed brighter than ever, it all shattered into a million pieces.


December 21, 2014

I ran out the door and towards my school. The white snow covered the floor, and more fell from the sky. It wasn’t easy, sprinting through all that snow. Every step I took, I was cautious about slipping. The falling snow had blurred my vision, and the snow already on the ground hindered my movement quite a bit. I wasn’t about to be late to school the first time of my life. Crunch-crunch-crunch. I’m not going to let this be my first late of the year. Crunch-crunch-crunch. Never, in a million years, will I ruin my perfect on-time record. Crunch-crunch-crunch. Even though I told myself that, as soon as I saw her face, I was willing to be late, just for once.

Around the street corner, was a girl I had never seen before. I was paralyzed by her beauty. She was wearing a scarf around her neck that day, a brown button-down jacket, and tight black leggings that caught every curve of her delicacy. Her long black hair flowed like a river and floated through the air like a dandelion in the wind. Endorned in her hair was a clip with a flower on it.

Our eyes had met for the first time, and it seemed like I might have use of the whole romance thing after all. As I walked closer to her, she backed off towards the way she came from. She must be shy I thought.

After that, I realized there was no point in trying to approach her again. Shrugging it off, I continued walking to school. As I looked behind my shoulders, I could see her following closely behind me. She wasn’t close enough that I could touch her, but it wasn’t far enough that I couldn’t make out the features of her princess-like face either. While I was too busy looking behind my shoulder, I failed to see the pole that I would soon walk into in a matter of seconds. Bang! I fell backwards towards the floor with a crunch on the snow-covered street. Behind me I could hear the crunch of the girl’s feet as she rushed towards my aid.

In the moments between her helping me, to when I was back on my feet, I got an even closer at her face. Contrary to what I had believed, her face was not as unscathed as I thought. A small scar strewn diagonally across her forehead was clearly visible from my angle. Bruises dotted her cheeks as if she were slapped a thousand times. Even so, the girl carried herself with such grace, I would have never thought that she had such blemishes on her face.

When I finally got on my feet, I was about to thank her, but then she hid her face behind her hands.

“Did you see?” she questioned.

“No…” I replied unsure of I should tell the truth or not.

“You saw!” Through the cracks between her fingers, I could make out the prettiest red blush her cheeks had. She ran off towards the direction of the school after her reply.

I chased after her through the snow before finally catching her arm. She flailed in my grasp for a couple moments, until she realized that it was too late.

“You better not tell anyone!” she threatened. Her blushing made her look even more cute, so cute that I was at a loss for words.

“D-d-definitely. I w-w-wouldn’t tell anyone.” I stuttered. She seemed to accept the apology as she walked along side me. We started walking to school together, but in the most awkward silence anybody could ask for. We walked onto a bridge, and when we got to the middle, she stopped. When I noticed, I stopped too, and went back to her.

“Um... you know... you’re a very nice person,” she said in the quietest voice I’ve ever heard.

“Am I?” I asked.

“Yes you are!” she assured me. “Many of the men I’ve met up until now have been very harsh. I’m glad to know there are people like you in this world too.” Her eyes looked away from me and towards the ground, as her blushing got more intense.

I stood there stunned. Was it possible that she liked me back? It was almost absurd in my thoughts. Finally I mustered my courage.

“Um, you know, I really li-”

“Watch out!” she yelled as she pushed me back towards the opposite ledge. The car shredded her body, as well as my dreams. Her beautiful body had been reduced to fragments, and her blood stained the road. The face I once admired was now distorted beyond repair.

I fell to the floor as the pieces of my life broke before my eyes. Tears fell into the gory mess that lifelessly sat in front of me. My mind went blank. The life I lived was already empty, and the one moment I thought this life might become eventful, it all crashed down. There was nothing left. I no longer had a reason to live, as if I had a reason in the first place. Next thing I knew, my body carried itself to the ledge, and the last thing I remember was falling through the air like snow.

I never even got her name.

© 2015 ParadoxicSpencer


Author's Note

ParadoxicSpencer
Ignore the grammar problems. Tell me what I can do better. All opinions are welcome. I plan to revise this story everyday until the 4th.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just a couple grammar errors, such as "even intenser" which should be "more intense." also, in the first paragraph, i think you meant to say "content" not "contempt". They are very different. I'm also sort of confused at the end and how she was hit by the car, you could be a little more descriptive. Wonderful story though! You should write more!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Just a couple grammar errors, such as "even intenser" which should be "more intense." also, in the first paragraph, i think you meant to say "content" not "contempt". They are very different. I'm also sort of confused at the end and how she was hit by the car, you could be a little more descriptive. Wonderful story though! You should write more!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 25, 2015
Last Updated on December 3, 2015
Tags: shortstory, 1000words, romance, realisticfiction, tragedy, sad

Author

ParadoxicSpencer
ParadoxicSpencer

Warren, NJ



About
Some of my favorite genres are romance and fantasy. I really enjoy gaming as well. more..