Stainless

Stainless

A Poem by Eve

Today I brushed the remnants of you
off my soul, swept the invalid pieces 
of imposed inadequacy under my bed
as if they never existed.

Forgave my canvas for the juxtapose;
maybe I can't paint myself into a safe
place to lay your cause, though It was
not from the lack of honest endeavor,
It was too hard to be only what you needed.

So hard in fact that I lost sight of what
I needed, it was all about you, and
everything about you mattered.
I wanted to give you freedom from lewd
pulchritude so I hid it well,
too well...

Blush as a puerile bum, I peeled you from
the sinew in glowing ribbons of contrition,
tore at the frame 'til it shone
like mad chrome sunlight.

Today, I am immaculate,
I am reborn into myself
a burning wing of phoenix
I am my own soul,
rising from the wreckage
pristine from ash and flame
I am stainless, steel to shame
for what you could not see in me
I give myself a name,
and that name is love.

© 2012 Eve


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked it until I thought of the poor lil dust bunnies beneath the bed choking and hacking over those "imposed inadequacies" until the whoorah just shook and rattled the windows so much the neighbors called the cops complaining of the noise. And when the cops came their incessant knocking finally caught your attention and totally derailed your thoughts until tomorrow! And we all know "Tomorrow never comes..." so your poem poofed and then...and then.... I can't remember anymore... but it was terrible aweful ya know?

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love your words. You always seem to have strength in your words. No matter the pain you are writing you tend to always never playing a victim. I love that about your words. This was wonderfully written and expressed well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love, Love, LOVE this one!!!! For all it doesn't say outright but screams from behind every line!!!

Why is it that some want everything, all or nothing and yet, they themselves aren't willing to do the same?

What is up with that?

How could something like that ever work????

Only in the movies...

Sending you smiles...

alisa ;-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very powerful. Losing one's self and than realizing your self worth. Being able to walk away and knowing who is the loser and who really is the winner. Beautiful Poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


These lines somewhat mystify me: "I wanted to give you freedom from lewd/ pulchritude so I hid it well,/ too well."
Coming from a female, "lewd pulchritude" sounds pretty damn fetching, not the sort of thing--as you now agree--that ought to be well-hidden from a man.
And though I'm sorta thinkin' I gotta git me some o' that, I'm reluctant to fully commit, because, obviously, I really don't know what the hell "that" is!
"Stainless" undoubtedly qualifies as excellent high-quality work; quality, even I can recognize.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh dear. This is a wonderful write but your line about losing sight about what "I " needed, "it was all about you" hit way too close to home for me...and by the time I got to mad chrome sunlight I was in full blown tears. Had to come here under Katie's account...lost my damn password. Have you finally accepted the fact that you are a stellar poet? Your writes have been absurdly good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I LOVE this poem!!! Incredible rebirth :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a powerful, self-actualising piece of regeneration, it's like finding a newness within yourself that is untainted by the events of the past, a new brilliant love that has risen, that's how it should be, how we learn from our actions. that large part of honesty in the middle about you losing sight of what you needed really hits the mark for me, I think it's because some people are destructive together, or overtake the relationship, while other people complement and bring out the better side of the other, so many dynamics and puzzles. the imageries of the phoenix and juxtaposition and a stainless self are very affecting, they burn quite an impression on the mind.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I liked it until I thought of the poor lil dust bunnies beneath the bed choking and hacking over those "imposed inadequacies" until the whoorah just shook and rattled the windows so much the neighbors called the cops complaining of the noise. And when the cops came their incessant knocking finally caught your attention and totally derailed your thoughts until tomorrow! And we all know "Tomorrow never comes..." so your poem poofed and then...and then.... I can't remember anymore... but it was terrible aweful ya know?

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

An enchated vision of walking on... letting go of those pieces of painful remembrance that cling so tightly... that too often pull us down. Such a courage to shake it off and to spread your wings to fly... and in the soaring to find yourself alive in the music of love. Amazing...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

560 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 11, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2012

Author

Eve
Eve

About
more..

Writing
Dotted lines Dotted lines

A Poem by Eve


Trobairitz Trobairitz

A Poem by Eve


 The Way I Feel The Way I Feel

A Poem by Eve



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Books Books

A Poem by Tate Morgan


A Poem A Poem

A Poem by Sean Allen


Untitled...... Untitled......

A Poem by Muse


Reflection Reflection

A Poem by Eve