100 days without you

100 days without you

A Story by Pastor45

Its been a hundred days without you. four years since i have seen summer back home, the summer i left. Right now i would give anything to even see winter. The cold blood shed that goes on out here. The lack of respect for life. Its hard to imagine till your here. Some times i wonder if peace is worth all this. If freedom should come at so high a price. To see your friends vaporized only so you can get an award patted on the back and put in charge of others friends who will be vaporized..... If they are lucky , the alternative is much worse. I miss you baby girl some days things are so bad out her that i wonder how when i get home, if i get home how i will tell you about days like today. I wonder how you will even look at me and see me the way you use to or if you will just turn away and cry.

Ive lost 195 troops since this campaign started 1 drop per day for the last hundred days. Thats pretty sad thinking that i only command 99 troops at a time. Command is happy to give my unit more meat for the grinder. Babe i dont know how my men look at me with such hope i dont know how they trust and die by my order. I dont have any idea what to do some times, sometimes its so bad out here between the explosions and the blasts of light i just yell the first thing that comes to mind.

Command says they want to make me an officer if i come back from this next drop. I dont know if i want to come back. I dont know why im still here or why god lets me live on helping grind people in the cogs of this horrible doomsday clock. They say we are making a difference and that everything is looking up but i dont see it. Ok babe the drop light is on i love you be safe and ill come home and be with you to the end of our days your the only thing i want and and night when i sleep i dream of just me and you.

The soldier folded up his letter and stuck it in the mail bin of the craft. He walked out from behind the mail curtain. A tall 7ft man in black armor his face mask gold reflective to keep the sun rays from hurting his eyes. He sat down by one of his men saying, hey chin up youll make it remember your job and training and ill get you back her alive. The trooper handed him a note and picture as he pressed his face down in his hands sobbing." Sir its my girl Charlene she , shes dead sir she was killed in a drop yesterday on agusta." He said. The man looked at the picture of a beautiful blond with her arm wrapped around him both of them laughing. The man turned the picture over and saw on the back it said Charlene and chris forever. The man said "chris, take off your helmet. Put this picture in it. Your fighting for her now just as much as you ever have been. You fight for her memory her love and her life, fight so that tomorrow no more Charlene's have to die. Chris took of his helmet and placed the picture in it whipping his face he said "yes sir". Then the man stood up and looked around the craft seeing 24 of his 99 men he said " today we drop on minara its under heavy attack by the aliens we have been fighting there are 300,000 people on this planet and there will be 99 more and let me tell you that 99 better use every single ounce of themselves to save that 300,000 even if it costs them their own ( the light turned green) LIVE FOREVER APES" he yelled as he ran to the aft of the ship jumping his drop capsule. All his men followed and they were launched into the atmosphere.

© 2013 Pastor45


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on September 29, 2013
Last Updated on September 29, 2013
Tags: Sort story, romance, scifi

Author