The Albigensian Chronicles Lettre 12

The Albigensian Chronicles Lettre 12

A Story by Patches I'm not so new anymore.
"

Toulouse 13 juillet 1218

"

Dear Mama and Aunt Jehanne

        The son of Le Boucher, Amaury de Mountfort has at last lifted the siege of Toulouse in disgust and departed for the Isle de France. Ville Rose* is free! Soon the Count and the army of Toulouse will march in triumph through the gates of the city. Praise be to God!

    As soon as this done Mama, I shall return to Lecco and we will start home as soon as we can.

  In the meantime I shall be busy getting things in order for our return. It is a pity that you and Aunt Jehanne will not be there when Cout Ramon again enters the city. But as you may know the roads are still dangerous. Brigands and wandering Frenchmen infest the countryside. The Count daily gets reports of travelers being attacked, robbed , murdered or worse if they happen to be women. Mama you are safe in Lecco, stay there until such time as I return to bring you home.

   We are ready to head back to our quarters in Carcassone and from there we travel to Toulouse.

 Then with the permission of Count Ramon I shall depart for Lecco and we will return home to Narbonne traveling at our leisure through a free Occitania.

     

                                       Your son & nephew

                Raphael

*Ville Rose--- another name given to the city of Toulouse because of the color of the brick used to build the majority of structures there.

 

© 2011 Patches I'm not so new anymore.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

once again, kudos for your obvious attention to history and the flair you have for bringing it into the 21st century. very, very nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
1 Review
Added on May 11, 2011
Last Updated on May 11, 2011