Lettre 16

Lettre 16

A Story by Patches I'm not so new anymore.
"

A continuation

"

Toulouse 26, novembre 1219

Ramon

Count of Toulouse

Madame Alais d' Estange

in care of Marchesa Jehanne di leanorii

Lecco, Lombardy

 

  Dear Madame d 'Estange:

       Happy news Madame. We have found Raphael! He is being held for ransome in the walled town of Castiglione del Lago near Lake Trasimeno in central Italy. The ransom demanded for Raphael and his two companions is three thousand siiver ducats of which you are responsible for 1/3. Barnart de la Rose can easily afford his ransome. As for the third man I shall have to pay that as he is a solider in my employ. I have a responsibility for the rank and file soliders in my employ and do not shirk that responsibility.

   We are in negotiations with Sieur Alexandre di Castlemaine and hope to have this matter settled by the new year if not sooner.

  Madame Alais, the sooner Raphael's ramsome is delivered to Sieur Alexandre the sooner he will be freed. There is however one condition, all the ransomes must be delivered at the same time. Therefore I suggest that you forward Raphael's share to me as will the family of de la Rose so that I may the ransomes delivered all at the same time.

  You may rest assured Madame tha Sieur Alexandre is an honorable knight and will not go back on his word. I have had business with him in the past and he has always kept his end of the deal.

Your Servant

Ramon Berenger

Count of Toulouse

© 2011 Patches I'm not so new anymore.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good..I still think you should try writng a xomplete olde style novel..Love the Brat

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very well written, captivating the reader of historical days long ago in the 9th century in France

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 20, 2011
Last Updated on July 20, 2011