Monster Mystery Writing

Monster Mystery Writing

A Story by Paddy
"

This was an english task, set for homework. I felt like posting it on here..enjoy. Its about a boy who lives near a lake and a forest...

"

The heavy rain pounded against my skin, lightning crackled as I rushed back towards the cottage. The rain came down like needles; showering over me… stinging as if trying to pierce through my flesh. The sudden appearance of fog blinded my eyes. I had only noticed it too late... my clumsy feet got caught in the hands of a root. I tripped splashing into the wet slushy earth. I had almost gulped-in the mud that splodged on my face. The mud slithered down my cheek, crawling into my shirt just as the rain that by now had turned into a storm washed it off. I quickly rushed back onto my feet; finding that I was lost in the woods…alone… the trees surrounded me as if I was a bird trapped in a cage…never letting me free. I snatched my phone out of my pocket trying to call mom. It was then that I saw them…two neon lights floating above the bushes. The fog made it hard to estimate the distance, at first a glimpse of hope suggested that they were traffic lights but these hopes were quickly devoured by the thought of impossibility�" could the towns’ folk have been right about the legend of the sea monster?

My phone slipped out of my hands as I saw what the lights truly were…they were eyes…glimmering in the fog, the two blurry dots shifted closer towards me. I was rooted to the spot. I could now see the silhouette of a human shape. It came closer. Now I saw its full body…the beast came through the fog, starring into my eyes, I saw its blood red veins pumping within its gloomy eyes. It was a disgusting contrast of colors. The creature loomed over me, it gave off a scent of rotting fish as if it had crawled out of the dumpster. It was covered in algae, the creature looked like a giant rock covered in patches of moss. I finally urged my self to move my legs…I broke into a sprint, trying to get away from the monster that had now also followed behind.

The thing moved with an exaggerated limp, despite the unearthly movement it was surprisingly fast. I could hear a hoarse moaning sound given off by the beast. I could hear its footsteps splashing the mud. The sound grew louder and louder. It was catching up. I took a quick turn attempting to shake off the thing that stalked behind me. Trying to get as far away from the beast as possible, I had somehow managed to reach my cottage, I could see it at the edge of the lake…hope flooded over me. But I was too late…it was right behind me…the creatures boney fingers curled around my neck and I could feel the scales scraping against my throat as it dragged me back into the dark depths of the forest… 

© 2011 Paddy


Author's Note

Paddy
Ignore the title i couldn't think of anything .
This was meant a task to describe a monster... but i had a bit more fun with it...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on May 2, 2011
Last Updated on May 2, 2011

Author

Paddy
Paddy

Suzhou, Jiang Su, China



About
Yea, sure, i may only come on this site occasionally but i still love to read and write. Honestly, haha, if you do say my work sucks...well theres not much i can do unless you tell me how to improv.. more..

Writing
This boy This boy

A Poem by Paddy