I love a woman who can sing.

I love a woman who can sing.

A Story by Patrick Daniel
"

This short story is about a man who watches a music video and becomes smitten with the woman he sees.

"
I opened the door to my apartment and walked straight towards my bedroom.
It was late in the afternoon and I was pretty tired from working all day, but 
I knew I still had work to do. Being a full time student while working
means one thing...you can rest after your dead, or at least after the semester
has ended. 
I went to my room and picked up the Astronomy textbook from its resting place on my desk. I knew I should study at least one chapter, but then reasoned that I needed a break first. After all, I had the whole weekend to learn about Stellar Parallax.
I finally decided that I needed some music to relax. Nothing hardcore though, I'd been listening to A7X all the way home and I just wanted to hear something different. So I went online to my favorite video site and contemplated on what to listen to.
I hadn't heard anything by "Neon Trees" in a while, so I went ahead and typed in their song "Animal".
I browsed the results for a bit before I came across a cover by some girl I had never seen before.
I figured listening to a cover would be nice so I went ahead and clicked the video and sat back.
At first I noticed that the camera quality was really good. The video started out with an upright piano against the wall. There were guitars hanging on the wall, and a djimbe in the corner to complete the musical decor. Credits faded in and out for a bit, and that's when I saw her.
She walked into the camera's view, sat down on the bench, and began playing. She was beautiful, no... gorgeous!
She looked to be in her early twenties, with long, curly blonde hair and a slender physique. Beneath her eye shadow were a pair of beautiful dark eyes that seemed to pull me in. She was wearing a dark red sweater blouse, blue jeans, and All-star sneakers. She had a small bit of jewelry as well, some rings on her fingers, a necklace, and a nose ring. Normally I didn't care for nose rings but she had a small one on her nostril that didn't seem to put me off in the slightest.
She played a beautiful melody with her light blue, painted fingertips, and then she started to sing.
"Here we go again, I kinda wanna be more then friends,
So take it easy on me, I'm afraid, you're never satisfied."
It was like crack cocaine to my ears...
"Here we are again, we're sick like animals we play pretend,
You're just a cannibal and I'm afraid, I won't, get out alive."
Her voice pulled me away her eyes... "Wow!" I whispered out loud. Her pitch and tone seemed to mesmerize me. I was melting away as she sang...If she was performing this live in front of me, I'd have definitely tried to get her number.
I thought her voice was spectacular, but then came the course line.
"Whoa oh, I want some more, whoa oh, what are you waiting for?
take a bite of my heart tonight."
WOW! her voice as angelic. The emotions she stirred up in me were something I haven't felt in a while. Her voice entranced me, and for a moment I felt the urge to close my eyes and imagine that she was singing to me.
I continued to listen all the way through until the video ended.
I sat there in silence trying to savor the moment.
I couldn't seem to get over how soft, yet powerful her voice was. I began thinking to myself "If only I could meet a girl like that..."
I took another look at the computer screen and decided to hit the replay button... I was smitten to say the least.

© 2013 Patrick Daniel


Author's Note

Patrick Daniel
I'm curious to know how effective my 1st person narrative style is. Also Am I
telling the story at a good pace?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on September 27, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013
Tags: Love, short, story, romance

Author

Patrick Daniel
Patrick Daniel

Redlands, CA



About
I'm an un-published writer currently working on a novel, who also likes to write poems in his spare time. I also post short stories from time to time. more..

Writing