Kiss

Kiss

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

kisses can change many things...

"

My heart quickens when your lips touch mine
a feeling so divine
beautiful
wonderous

How does the simple beauty of one kiss
fill me with such bliss?

How can I be in the darkest place of my soul,
and then, with the touch of your lips, be blinded by light?

How?

Because the kiss is from you
my heart"s desire
my other half of me
you

                                


© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
just soul kisses

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Usually repetitions in small poems stick out to me, here it works well. The repeated words and rhymes trickle down throughout the poem in such a wonderful simple way. It's very much like the kiss you describe. You send shivers down the poem as well.

"My heart quickens when your lips
touch mine
a feeling so divine,
so wondrous,
bewitching"

Good job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What can I say that hasnt already been said? Just beautiful, touching really.
PEACE n INK

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

I really liked this poem, and I can relate to it too. For the most part, I liked your word choice, except in the second stanza. I find the word 'bliss' to be too common in this type of poem, it is a good word to use and it is very expressive, but I think its just too obvious a word choice. I think if you had used more general words for expressing, it would have turned out a lot better. I personally htink it would sound better if you wrote, "How does the simple beauty of one kiss fill me with such an emotion?" But then you should add another stanza after that one and before you write "How?" I think for the extra stanza it should say, "Joy, happiness, ecstasy; so many things, I feel as if my knees will melt and my soul will rise above the world."
But I do like how this poem is overall; I think it is beautifully written, and wonderfully expressed. I think you did a wonderful job on it. And I consider myself lucky to have had the chance to both read and review this poem. Great job Chloe. =^.^=

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

I can relate to this piece quite well. My husband still leaves me weak in the knees with his kisses. That's how a kiss should be between soul mates though.

Well written, and no need to edit anything.

Overall an excellent poem!

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

This poem is absolutely awesome :) You have described just how magical a single kiss could be. Your words here and not simply words, they are love on paper!
This one is going into my favorites because of it's simplicity,artistry and pure emotion :)

Great job on this one but hehehe that seems to be the norm for your work... fantastic!

Brian

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

nicely described, i could actually feel the kiss when reading
Love the feeling in this poem :D
it's really great chloe! love it

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

wow i love it!!!

XOXO
Little Eye!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Usually repetitions in small poems stick out to me, here it works well. The repeated words and rhymes trickle down throughout the poem in such a wonderful simple way. It's very much like the kiss you describe. You send shivers down the poem as well.

"My heart quickens when your lips
touch mine
a feeling so divine,
so wondrous,
bewitching"

Good job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

very beautiful. it reminds me of john. he can light up my soul,too. keep on writing great stuff like this!

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 10 people found this review constructive.

Did you know that about 80 percent of women consider the first kiss to be a determing factor in whether a relationship is going to suceed? I kinda believe that too. It would have to be as special as u described or forget it. Well done. -Liv

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 11 people found this review constructive.

How very touching and beautiful...you really captured the feeling of that one perfect kiss!

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 12 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..