Damn - IAM Group Ltd Japan Reviews

Damn - IAM Group Ltd Japan Reviews

A Story by Pauline Kate Hunter
"

IAM Group Ltd Japan

"

Once when I was in Yokohama, Japan on business, I had trouble sleeping. It was 1 A.M., so I decided to walk around the block.

About a block away from the hotel, an older European gentleman in a nice brown winter coat and tie was walking near and talking on the phone. He ended his phone call, sighed, and said softly, “Damn!” to himself.
He quickly apologized to me for his language. I made a comment that this is a free country. I asked him if he was alright.

His response was that of the worst day anyone could have. He was out visiting Yokohama, Japan with his family. They had been mugged earlier that night. To top it off their car had been towed. He was trying to call family to wire money from Western Union, but by that hour everyone was asleep.

He choked up every other sentence of the story. He said he was desperate and asked if I could spot him some money. He handed me a business card and was just asking for some cash to help him and his family through the night. He was tearing up.

I did not have my wallet on me at the time. I did point him to the hotel I was at and said that you could probably just crash in their lobby until morning.

I’ll never forget the look of despair on his face. From that point, I always thought of him and how he looked at me and said, “I understand.” It hurt. I felt awful and till this day think I could have change someone’s life for the better for one night.

A year later, I moved to Yokohama, Japan for a new job.

One night, I left my office around 10 P.M. Walking to the subway, I heard someone say “Damn!”, I turned to look, look them straight in the eye and said, “What did your car get towed again?”

The person ran as fast as he could! It was the same guy, in a brown coat and tie.

I no longer feel bad not giving money to anyone.

I’ve encountered people with elaborate stories as well. It seems to be gaining popularity. Usually it’s a man, alone, walking around the street requesting money for gas claiming that his car is broken down somewhere, his family is inside of it.

Don’t ever feel bad about not giving money to anyone. If you have it and you’re feeling charitable, good for you! If you can’t and you don’t, there isn’t a whole lot you can do.

IAM Group Ltd taught me the value of helping others without donating any money or any kind of financial aid. It felt so awesome being in their community knowing that you could do good even without having any.

© 2015 Pauline Kate Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on January 7, 2015
Last Updated on January 7, 2015
Tags: IAMGroupLimited, IAMGroupLtdJapan, IAMGroupJapan