Sleepy

Sleepy

A Story by Pawprints

The raindrops look like shards of glass on my window. It stomps on the roof and flashes me out of drowsiness. I’m curled up here in the blue, whispering to my phone, pretending I’m alone in this ship of a house. Everything is soft now and my skin is burning and I’m pretending you’re here too. I want to go outside and float in the rain, drift into the clouds and hear my windows creak from thunder. I wish I could drive far and long and be with you but not and sit on a house somewhere and feel lightning spark my fingertips. I’ll curl up in the grass and let bugs crawl into my hair and use it for warmth. My skin will stain green and my toes will get pruney and water will cling to my lips and my eyelashes. I’ll fly away, moth’s wings on my back and forget everything. And I’m tired and this has changed from something nice to something strange so I will watch what I know until my eyes glaze and fall asleep but never dream of you. 

© 2015 Pawprints


Author's Note

Pawprints
i've apparently lost the ability to write in any form besides a big block of text. hmm

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015

Author

Pawprints
Pawprints

About
There's not really much to know about me besides the fact that I love to read and write. more..

Writing
S**t S**t

A Poem by Pawprints


Voice Voice

A Poem by Pawprints