Kill Quill Drill

Kill Quill Drill

A Story by Pax Analog
"

Short parable.

"


I had to kill the guy who perpetually mourned the stupidity of his interfaces, then cremate him, 'cause he was already like dragging a corpse around in my psyche before I killed him. Dead tiresome.


He wouldn't stop painting turds as if they were Easter eggs.


I'm not now magically thrilled, but feel sounder. Bedrock-esque. Whatever that means.


Now I paint hand grenades as if they are Easter eggs.


Meanwhile, I shake hands, a hand comes off, sex an evaporating ghost, watch another "love" tag disappear, and realize there's still nobody home anywhere for me.


I killed the whine of mine but only brine remains.


So it goes. Perhaps the wind is my friend.


No -- banished from banal simulations, I am the wind whirled, vanishing.



© 2012 Pax Analog


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, this is an amazing write. Like Midas, where everything turned to gold and was therefore inaccessible, you seem to have a "knack" for isolating yourself. This is a landmine for a psychologist, and you have the grenades in your hand, painted in pastels...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Like a mote midst the infinite, eh? Your words are strikingly perceptive! When one feels the roil of.. read more



Reviews

WOW! There is this unidentifiable element in your style of telling story.
The piece is dark and essentially evil yet I would like to continue reading
till the end because the occurrences gave me unique feeling.
Also, the title is attention drawer.

It's wonderful reading from you!


Posted 11 Years Ago


This is clever and mysterious at once , I love the opening lines killing the interface , cremating so all dust and all one . Poignant insightful write , i think?

Posted 11 Years Ago


A death of self.. embracing the wind.. at least that's how I see it.. We die a little every day just to be born into the new day new energy... xo I don't know how you mean't it but that's what it did to me.. lol :) xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


This makes me think of a writer killing off a character that needs to be done away with. You already know it is coming and has to be done and soon they are vanishing like the wind.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Right, & in this case, evolving Spirit is killing off the baggage-mind of yesterday. . .
Poetic Beauty

11 Years Ago

This was a cool poem indeed. Love that concept
I understood those six final and flowing words and cheered at my cleverness! They trip together like a traditional and song-filled phrase. However, the words before floored me; true, they're intriguingly (though sadly) put, but, the picture they complete bewilders, bemuses and all other words beginning with be- me. Methinks you're a sorcerer or - is it me who's a fool!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

This piece is not necessarily the best example of that, but perhaps it's the brisk wit of the whirlw.. read more
emmajoy

11 Years Ago

I can do 'whirlwind'!
Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Yay! ;-)
Killing is one of the most logical solutions to problems yet it remains one we have trouble embracing. Sad really when you think about it. Makes you long for times when things were more barbaric. But I ramble ..

So, yes, carrying around what is essentially dead weight is damn tiring and in the end not worth the effort. So, yes, a unwanted chore to dispose of the remains but returns you to ... bedrock???

A sad thing when you lose your place in the world and all that goes with it ... sex an evaporating ghost? Maybe all an illusion anyway, metaphorically speaking. But, in the more practical, Dear Abby approach there to someone for everyone out there. May not be the someone you were hoping for but ... rambling again.

Truly an interesting piece ... a little quirky but that is you. Just when you freed yourself from what you thought was pulling you down, you end you losing yourself in the process. You are true genius with these little idiosyncratic pieces and that's what makes you special.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

I frequently deal w/"I" is a koan. Meaning egoic expectations without Spirit bleedthrough is a losin.. read more
cilla

11 Years Ago

O MY! You are trying to teach me something that dwells outside my realm. But thank you for your tryi.. read more
Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Zen flesh, Zen bones. ;-)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
A little salty...grabs a lime. lol A very creative way of letting it out :) Amazing read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

949 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 6, 2012
Last Updated on August 6, 2012
Tags: kill, quill, drill, parable

Author

Pax Analog
Pax Analog

About
SONG UPDATE: Site links and thus playlist expiring, so if they don't work please connect to www.soundclick.com/peacewilson for music tracks corresponding to lyric poems here. [The songs below on th.. more..

Writing
H[om]e H[om]e

A Poem by Pax Analog


Big Play Big Play

A Poem by Pax Analog



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bonfires Bonfires

A Poem by KeeD


In A Time In A Time

A Poem by Frieda P