Looking Glass World

Looking Glass World

A Poem by Pax Analog
"

Lyric to WHOLE SONG of same title in playlist player on my profile pg.

"

This thorny rose, this purple heart

Arrows and slings, fortunate smarts

 

It's still a Looking Glass World

what you're seeing is mostly you

In a Looking Glass World,

Wonderland is a melting through

 

Attention's gold, a will to be

beyond all worlds, where Life is free

 

It's still a Looking Glass World. . .

 

I and I in twists of fate, singing soft hallelu'

smiling eyes, eternal date,

Deeper Love shines right through ya

 

I've been around, been lost and found

through inner space, building a case

 

It's still a Looking Glass World. . .

 

I and I in twists of fate. . .

 

By passion bound, also released

the deepest Love is perfect peace

© 2008 Pax Analog


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

Pax Analog
Another vintage multitrack SONG in playlist player.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

If I didn't know your words were lyrics, I'd think they were - the tempo sort of jumps off the screen!

It's quite an unusual theme, no, it IS an unusual theme but then, you always see things differently from other people, that's what makes you a unique writer - not that I understand most of what you write - but, your words are thought-provoking and picture raising.. what more can a reader ask.

Thank you, thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's been a while since I've been around, but wanted to stop by and say hello. Great lyrics. A looking glass world, what a fantastic commentary. Now I must listen to the track.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyrical or poetry, this is beautifully crafted:)
Viewing life through the looking glass, excellent imagery! xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed the way this was written, and I got the fact it was lyrical from the very start. The emphasis and use of the looking glass world phrase obviously gives away not only the importance of the phrase, but the style of the poem. Good poem, good song.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Through the looking glass into Alice's little world of the mad hatter and tea parties. Where nothing is as it seems. "Its still a looking glass world.....what you"reing see is mostly you......" So adequately describes us. A society so into itself that we cannot see what is really there. We only are interested in our own reflections. "Attentions gold", if it does not benefit one, there is no interest. But I love how it starts and grabs the attention, "This thorny rose, this purple heart....Arrows and slings, fortunate smarts. My take on it and mine only..The pricking, the cut off of the blood of emotions flowing to the heart, the name calling, and personal hits are fortunate smarts. They give you adequate time to prepare yourself and act as a warning what may come. It is a deep, lyrical and actually beautiful writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I guess it wasn't just Alice who fell through the looking glass. Great descriptive write. I'm glad I stumbled on to it. You don't find many poems of this caliber these days. Original and sharp.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
z
amazing piece, says so much without saying too much. it has a deep message but anyone who reads it will see it differently, and i guess thats what every writer hopes they can do, especially as well as this. the words fit perfectly and make you think, like all of your writing that I've read so far. i can't really think of what to say but wow

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You know one thing I wish was different on this site is that I wish you could post your music with the words, so you could read along. This time I did listen first and as always I'm thoroughly impressed. I think its very true that the world is what we make of it or how we see it and therefore very different for each of us or that's my take on " It's still a Looking Glass World, what you're seeing is mostly you". Excellent work and I loved listening to it first. That's the way I will do it from now on.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is serious stuff.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This song was very profound I thought. I love this stanza...it's brilliant as the rest of the poem....

It's still a Looking Glass World
what you're seeing is mostly you
In a Looking Glass World,
Wonderland is a melting through

Great song you have hear!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I never get tired of poems that draw from Alice in Wonderland imagery... So I couldn't resist! I've been reading through your things.. And they are always packed skillfully with meaning, and engaging... Thank you for sharing- you certainly know what youre doing! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1383 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 11, 2008

Author

Pax Analog
Pax Analog

About
SONG UPDATE: Site links and thus playlist expiring, so if they don't work please connect to www.soundclick.com/peacewilson for music tracks corresponding to lyric poems here. [The songs below on th.. more..

Writing
H[om]e H[om]e

A Poem by Pax Analog


Big Play Big Play

A Poem by Pax Analog



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Alice blue Alice blue

A Poem by Robin


Gift Gift

A Poem by Robin


Drake Drake

A Poem by Tate Morgan