Work Ethic

Work Ethic

A Story by Pax Analog
"

A brief parable on the irony of work ethics.

"
Nailed to the Flatland cross yet again, I assiduously transcend pain and explain critique to the shameless, hammer-wielding, salt-pillar children of the earth: "That which offends you is but your own secret subtle seamless searing Spirit-Source whispering 'How aren't you?' You crucify the inner ear. Efficient hammer strokes, though."

A spring has been mysteriously installed in the base of the Flatland cross, so I may reformationally pogo forth.

Blood drips from my wrists and feet as I spring. I won't get far. But at least the azure sky is vast.

© 2012 Pax Analog


Author's Note

Pax Analog
An alternative meditation on the nature of crucifixion.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
You write with innuendos I dare not probe. Somehow you view humanity as profane or at least, see profanity in all they do. I won't argue with that. Once again, however, I sense an uncanny depth to your words and love how you say so much with an economy of them. Kudos, kudos, kudos!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

It's an attempt at a crazy wisdom p.o.v., or Zen pushing into common psycho-social conventions, rath.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
You write with innuendos I dare not probe. Somehow you view humanity as profane or at least, see profanity in all they do. I won't argue with that. Once again, however, I sense an uncanny depth to your words and love how you say so much with an economy of them. Kudos, kudos, kudos!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

It's an attempt at a crazy wisdom p.o.v., or Zen pushing into common psycho-social conventions, rath.. read more
Life is all about balance, and work needs to be weighed on that scale. When all we do is run to work,eat, sleep and run back the next day, it is easy to live on this dimension alone, the survival one, and loose our better selves in the process. Kind of reminds me of your review to my poem "Bitter Taste."
I like the pogo stick- it subliminally reminded me of Tigger, boinging around and having a unique way of looking at things. : )

Posted 11 Years Ago


Being bound and then set free to the azure sky.. I loved the freedom I felt in reading that.. it just made me feel the hope and love in it all..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


And what a cynically fun jaunt this turned out to be! Dark humor runs rampant throughout and I am continuing to discover a whole other side of you. The Flatland Cross as a pogo stick? No, you won't get far but by all means do enjoy the view. It seems like yet another jab at the indifference that pervades our world. A biting bit of satire ... dispensed in an unusually small dose by you. But then, sometimes smaller is better .... :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

Dearest Cilla, your review riff has the crispness of its subject. ;-) I won't quibble over tonal ref.. read more
I thought I was watching a crucifixion...yet it took on a surreal spin. Work is mundane...we bleed to a crawl...while hoping for retirement. I like the pogo concept...many days I feel like I'm just jumping and running in place...and I accomplish what? Just another paycheck.

Posted 11 Years Ago


through the scourging of our souls comes the tenacity we need? I find the rhythm is good, the words come together nicely. Could you sculpt it into a longer piece?

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is a great rendition to the crucifixion. it's not your fault you are smarter among co-workers. but perhaps they feel threatened and resentment. so they will crucify the one who is smarter, the one who thinks differently than the rest of the sheep. i like the quote; brings to mind the one persecuted shows them a mirror of themselves and they don't want to see themselves as they really are. there is wisdom in these words and are thought-provoking. sounds a bit beatnik and the imagery is very vivid in detail. i enjoyed the metaphor and irony.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

695 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 23, 2012
Last Updated on June 23, 2012
Tags: work, ethic, parable, crucifixion

Author

Pax Analog
Pax Analog

About
SONG UPDATE: Site links and thus playlist expiring, so if they don't work please connect to www.soundclick.com/peacewilson for music tracks corresponding to lyric poems here. [The songs below on th.. more..

Writing
H[om]e H[om]e

A Poem by Pax Analog


Big Play Big Play

A Poem by Pax Analog



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stay Stay

A Poem by Pax Analog


Inamorati Inamorati

A Poem by Pax Analog