The Tiny Dancer

The Tiny Dancer

A Story by Peculiar Joy

The tiny dancer twirled around in the windstorm. The other kids looked at her with awe and shock. She bowed every once in a while when the kids would clap. The wind blew leaves off of the trees and they would flutter down on to the ground around her.
                People would stop by and watch her dance for a few minutes but then carry on their way. A little girl who had ribbons in her hair stopped by and smiled at the dancing girl. The other girl twirled and bowed, then waved back.
                The little girl with ribbons sat down and watched. She wondered if she could ever dance so gracefully like that.
                The little girl’s mother came by and called for her. She did not want to leave the dancer; so, she picked the dancing flower up and stuck it in her hair. She skipped along with her mother and smiled knowing that she someday could dance like that.

© 2014 Peculiar Joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on August 29, 2014
Last Updated on August 29, 2014
Tags: personification, short story, flower, dancer

Author

Peculiar Joy
Peculiar Joy

About
I like science, art, archery, dance, and piano. I love to write and all my English teachers say I'm very advanced and that I should try writing more where more people can see it and give me tips & fee.. more..

Writing