Definition

Definition

A Poem by Pen Draggin'

 For what its worth.

      What does that even mean?

Often my words HAVE no monetary value;

      worth only (one over two) the value I place on my sanity.

Can a person love work?

      I love my work

and yet work is tedious and a hard thing to do.

      I call my love work.

But why must you take it,

      take the time and energy

      the raw physical labor that I was planning on saving

for the cause.

It is because of love that I allow these transgressions.

      Just as I cannot decry a word for it's limited meanings,

      I can only love it more for its

poignant use. 

© 2009 Pen Draggin'


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The ending is great. I loved it the first, second and third time I read it. I dig the way you did (one over two) for half, as well. I didn't quite understand what you were going for with the theme. You shall tell me in detail the next time I see you. It was beautifully written and I dig the way your poems have been lately. Please...do not take offense to me not knowing what it means : that's just an easier way for me to say I'm too nervous to guess and would much rather just know. Hope all is well sweetie. Keep writing -- you're my favorite writer on here (and Mikey, too).

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful dear. The way it starts with "for what it's worth" makes me feel like I'm being said goodbye to. Just a first thought. Then the second line changes that tone. The next brings it back a little...ect. The flow is very nice. My favorite part by far is, "I love my work..." through "I call my love work." So, so good. Slight change -- whole new meaning. All in all, I love it. It's nice to read something new, I miss reading you. See you soon.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Good points, to be sure. I love to write and write (sometimes) about love or to my love. A few friends keep asking me about monetary value of my poetry - I tell them words are free and putting them together frees me! I'll have to read more of your writings!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2009
Last Updated on October 11, 2009

Author

Pen Draggin'
Pen Draggin'

Portland, OR



About
Hi! I'm Kelsey, I'm 22 years old with a passion for poetry. I write because it is innate and, quite simply, I'm pretty f*****g good at it. I love the rain. I will always belong to the Northwest. I sa.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ares Ares

A Poem by Pen Draggin'