Searching

Searching

A Poem by Aram Alexander
"

Everybody in this life looks for love, even if they won't always admit it. But love comes in many forms, including belief in a higher power.

"
My feet sink deep into the sands of time, each step relinquishing another moment in this life.
Every footprint a reminder, a fraction of the eternity that I have endured while searching for you.
You, the reason I will walk through this life until there is nowhere I have not been, nothing I have not seen.
I will walk until I find you, and I will carry you with me once I do.
Hope flows through my veins, the most potent of poisons.
For what if this feeling is just another mirage, one more empty promise?
Another false shadow of my desire; tricks my tortured mind plays on me as it struggles against the gravity of reason, balanced precariously on the crumbling cliffs of my fracturing mind.
The end of sanity waits patiently in the abyss below, a hungry wolf with a knowing smile, its' eyes feast on my insecurities and fill me with dread.
Unwanted thoughts drift to the surface.
What if she is not the one I am looking for?
What if she is not you?
You, a miraculous oasis in the desert wasteland that is my existence, the saving grace of my dehydrated heart.
For you, I will do anything in the face of my fears.
Because You are the reason I am.

© 2013 Aram Alexander


Author's Note

Aram Alexander
When I wrote this years ago I was conflicted spiritually as well as emotionally, searching for a significant other just as much as a higher power. As such, this piece can be perceived either way.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Simply amazing! I find myself often feeling this way, thinking about the world holding my beloved captive from my arms. Turning away what is around me from time to time knowing that she will be out there, and someday we will have each other. But, the fear of "she not being you" has always terrified me. Stellar job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aram Alexander

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words, now I can't help but smile! =)



Reviews

Devotion is one thing... and the time goes on and you read this again... that will be the time you know who this verse was meant to be for... as for the antagonist... that's also you... the hungry wolf... playing words in your mind and wanting the search to be over...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simply amazing! I find myself often feeling this way, thinking about the world holding my beloved captive from my arms. Turning away what is around me from time to time knowing that she will be out there, and someday we will have each other. But, the fear of "she not being you" has always terrified me. Stellar job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aram Alexander

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words, now I can't help but smile! =)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 30, 2013
Last Updated on August 1, 2013
Tags: love, searching, life

Author

Aram Alexander
Aram Alexander

Jogja, Yogyakarta Special Region, Indonesia



About
I'm just a regular guy who does regular things. Meaning I enjoy pizza, the company of dogs, occasional inebriation, equal parts worthy literature and brainless Hollywood fare, and spontaneity of the .. more..

Writing