Winters Songs

Winters Songs

A Story by Phoebe .J
"

The smell, sounds and sights of a cold blue winter.

"
The sight of the light blue sky was always a bell in my ears. The coming of the crisp cold, the frozen lakes, the animals sleeping away a time that no one ever looks forward to. I envy them. I wish I could sleep away the cold.

I bring my legs around from under the covers and captured warmth of my bed, it sends a shiver up my spine. I avoid putting my toes on the frost bitten wood and go straight for my boots. I wiggle the stiffness out of them with my toes before standing up. There are spiderwebs frozen on the outside of my window, it's sad honestly, poor little critters that weren't able to find a nook or cranny to crawl into and take up hold in my house. I hate spiders.

The blue of the next three months will depress me to no end, I'll cover up every inch of my body with scarfs, hats and shirts. The chill will still make it's way inside my comfort and nip at my skin like a snake to a downed bird. The price of my local coffee shops hot beverages will go up because everyone will be trying to warm there bellies with heat and satisfaction away from the chill.

I can smell the rain that never quite falls when you anticipate it to. I always feels like it's going to rain. It's nights that are so chilled that you make quick dashes from your bed to the bathroom, in the haste that if you slow the monster made from frozen air and moonlight will catch you and send ripples of cramping cold around your body in a tornado straight to your core. I'll feel sneezes come and go and then return with force, stopping my heart in the short burst of chill. I hate winter. 

© 2015 Phoebe .J


Author's Note

Phoebe .J
Not really anything serious, Just trying to cure my writers block

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on February 9, 2015
Last Updated on February 9, 2015
Tags: writer's block, winter, seasons, drabble

Author

Phoebe .J
Phoebe .J

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia



About
18 yo with no interesting, tragic past. I like to write and that is pretty much all to me. more..

Writing
Trash Kids Trash Kids

A Story by Phoebe .J