Adam & Eve

Adam & Eve

A Story by Pensoul

The world had just lost all of its power in some sort of post apocalyptic meltdown a flare from the sun, destroying all electrical devices, even interfering with the firing mechanisms of a gun. Was this the end or was it a time for humanity to grasp the concept once again. To learn to love and to prosper from the land that we all so desperately deranged. Enraged in greed, we took more than we needed. This story is not about those people though; this was about a new way of life that people had to learn. Devoid of electronics, that skill set was soon replaced by the ability to garden, to tend the earth’s natural soil and plant a seed from a seed of a plant already in blossom. Your neighborhood was soon your village; you weren't behind the door of an enclosed house, you were out in the woods looking for food for your spouse.

         

I was still in my parents house though. I would walk to school through a trek in the woods and stay for a week, this often repeated. I would come home on the weekends and receive a most indefinite peace. It was as if school was a job and my home was a retreat. Yet on the weekends I toiled and labored for an often satisfying treat. On one of my small journeys back to school, I saw a girl walking in the distance. She was so far away and yet I felt her presence. I felt her aurora as if our spirits had no boundaries and they had already met. Out of my curiosity I yelled in her direction, wondering what part of the world she could possibly be from. Hoping it was somewhere near so that I could walk to her house or better yet meet her near here. The closer I inched towards her the more my heart began to thump. She was so beautifully painted. She had a belt made from grass, as soon as I saw such cleverness; I knew that she was the one that I had been day dreaming about in my classes. Pardon me, while I clear a smudge from off of my glasses. Just so I could get a high definition view of her beautiful mass, even though more dust particles would get on them eventually. Her name shall be left unspoken for. We had a grand ole time sitting next to an acorn tree on a patch of moss. She knew more about sustained ability than I did and my mind was caught up in the rapture. I was speechless and just wanted her to fill the atmosphere. Her vocabulary was in particularly satisfying. She did not use slang words, she knew words to accentuate her descriptions, as if she had been studying a book on how to use adjectives. As you can see, I get happy from different kinds of things. She was quirky and mocked me, as I criticized her singing. I played the guitar, she played the clarinet. My golly she was a musical genius at that, if I might add. I must go now, as I began to feel my soul getting sad. Meet me here next Sunday at three, right next to this tree. Phones had no longer worked and so I could not get her number.

        

She was all I thought about that night as I sat in my cotton pajamas about to slumber, living in slow motion as I stared at the clock thinking about the day that I would meet her again. What would I even say? What would she wear; these thoughts took refuge in my brain. The week had passed and I began my trek again. I found a walking stick and it made me think of Moses leading the way. I kept it because I am weird and I like things that do not really make sense, and there she was sitting in a tree, on a low hanging branch. As she called over towards me I ran with the wind, keeping my composure, it is not like I was thinking about her all week or anything like such. She had food and so I joined her for lunch as the birds chirped in harmonies adding music making a movie out of our fun. Every time that one of us would talk, it wouldn't last a very long time. It was as if we lived for the moments, not for the dialog brought upon us. We ended up falling asleep as little rays of sunlight pierced in through the trees, laying in such a perfect harmony as if we were Adam and Eve. In a garden made for us to prosper in. As if we were the only human beings on the planet. If we were I surely without a doubt would be able to stand it. Two wits such as ours mixed in with the power of our curiosity could empower our livelihood. I say this was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. 

© 2013 Pensoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on June 10, 2013
Last Updated on June 10, 2013

Author

Pensoul
Pensoul

Waldorf, MD



About
New College Graduate, i enjoy writing creatively (well obviosuly). My name is Jamal and i am 21 years of age. I Love God as it is he who guides my days. I combine Short stories and Poems, i call .. more..

Writing