For Real, For Real

For Real, For Real

A Poem by Mr. Deft Diction
"

Really....for real

"
Whoever said they don't need validation....
well, they're trippin';
whether we talkin' about parking passes,
verbal clashes or gaining a rep in some upstate prison.
Running from validation as if you're somehow bigger than that
validation is what's made celebrity out of the least
inconceivable cats.
From shock-jockers to the backpackers....
skateboarders and ball players who wanna be rappers.
Even one of Heff's chikadee's got the itch to be an emcee
I try to say I don't want to be compared;
but I smile all Kool-Aid like,
when folks compare me to a Common or a Nas,
or a Talib Kweli.
I need that validation stamped on my forehead, B;
at anytime it could be all gone and how are the masses supposed to remember me?
They wouldn't believe Pablo Neruda if it wasn't for some dame
who read his sonnets and touched herself in memory....
They wouldn't believe in the misfortune of the more than fortunate
had they never known about the life of the Kennedy's.
This is my bread and butter,
so basically what that means....
you damn right....,
I need somebody to validate me.

Don't jock me; don't say that my swag is cocky;
I'm an underdog who gets no sequel,
so I won't play into the dramatics like Rocky.
I need validation like a weight-lifter needs a spot, see?
My walk is mean and I have a thiefs moxy.
Probably get lost in the sauce, how many other scribes describe life
in the way that it's got me?
Validation means that it'll be in a gold pot when I piss....please
all you nay-sayers throwin' up middle fingers at validation,
quit playin'....
it's like saying you love your family, but you don't see any relation.
Validation is a liberal getting fair play on the most conservative radio station....
I'm beginning to wonder how all those without validation made it....
Don't blame the truth on me, I just say it simply....
damn right, I need somebody to validate me.

Kanye got like seven Grammy's,
it's still validation he seeks.
I'll validate his passion, I can hear it when he speaks...
so validate me.
Validate the breeze,
the composition of the trees and the leaves....
validate how we tell our children about sex thru the birds and the bees.
My mama knew me;
she ain't feed me that story.
Validate how rappers hate to be seen as pop; but still end up in that
exact same category.
Give me validation on substance and style;
validation that I'll be okay, even if I haven't prayed in awhile....
smile...
So all of you mad-at-the-world, they did me wrong with minds like pions, please
validation of the artistry of you means it only a matter of time....
someday they'll validate me.

Peace

© 2008 Mr. Deft Diction


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! Fantastic, and here is my validation: Your poetry is fresh and vital. It has a pulse and a nuance that can speak to anyone with half an ear.

Of course you wish to be validated we all do. I always laugh inwardly the people who say they don't care what people think of them. That isn't true. They care they just don't want people to think they care. Then again you can't have it both ways.

I am a big fan of Rain's and he has asked we check out your writing. Glad I stopped by.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That is fire, and they will validate you .Peace

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this! Every line was amazing, you have a way with words.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome peice. Full of Angst. I liked this on so many levals. It's fresh exciting angry and most of all right. Many people have got where they are today because of someone else. What is Celebraty. Is it fame and fourtune. Well Money aint everything. My health is my wealth as the saying goes. Is it getting in somewhere for free, Hey just go down the mall there are shops and bars entry is free, Is it fast cars and women A women should be respected and trophy. As for Cars weather it be a bently or a mini as long as it has four wheels and gets you from a to b who cares, is it being remebered after your gone, well we won't really know about that will we. I think you have been validated already sir. Your words are well crafted and tight with rappers and presidants all getting name checked after reading this i'm still of the opinion that the pen is mighter than the sword and long after you have departed these shores your words will live on and that is all the valadation you need.

Awesome write i tipp my hat in your directioin
KUDOS
Carl

Posted 15 Years Ago


S**t yeah!...lol I'm with ya..heck we all with ya thats why we posting on here

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

They wouldn't believe in the misfortune of the more than fortunate
had they never known about the life of the Kennedy's. -- I LOVE THESE LINES!

someday they'll validate me. -- I have been saying this for better'n six months...

This is truly artistic and very well written! I like this quite a lot, my friend.
Great write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Fantastic, and here is my validation: Your poetry is fresh and vital. It has a pulse and a nuance that can speak to anyone with half an ear.

Of course you wish to be validated we all do. I always laugh inwardly the people who say they don't care what people think of them. That isn't true. They care they just don't want people to think they care. Then again you can't have it both ways.

I am a big fan of Rain's and he has asked we check out your writing. Glad I stopped by.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You,my friend, will leave a legacy. I feel it. You're one of this cats that could have lived in any era. I would have loved to see your work in the 30's. You are dead on with this piece. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! People's that was some good scribing right there. Iike how you took the theme "validation" and wrote every paragraph relating to that, with some wonderful examples. I am the same way. I always need to be "validated" sometimes too much. lol

And we all need it. I know others who told me that because I feel I need to be validated that I'm "insecure" or don't "beleive in myself." that's bull. We all can't make it on our own. And we all need the support from others. I'm sure a famous rapper going onstage, just to hear the screams of all his fans must be a rush. no doubt.

and yes, you do remind me of nas, talib kweli etc. i hope you remember how i validated you.....lol

Kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ere1 needs validation
you jst stating out loud
what ere1 thinks
you state it so well

my validation pay attention
pay attention to me
tats my validation
you been stamped validation.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So true lol *i'll validate you* lmao, if i was important though. I liked this, it flowed and had it's own little beat. Everything you wrote i was shaking my head like...yeah...that's true, that's right lol.

Danni

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
12 Reviews
Added on September 18, 2008
Last Updated on September 18, 2008

Author

Mr. Deft Diction
Mr. Deft Diction

Morrisville, NC



About
“HI, BABY! HOW ARE YOU?” KAYLEE RAN FULL SPEED INTO A CROUCHED AUNT TABITHA, KICKING A LITTLE WIND OUT OF HER AMPLE FRAME. AUNT TABITHA IS MATTHEW’S STEP-SISTER, AFTER THEIR PARENTS.. more..

Writing