The Adult Robin

The Adult Robin

A Story by Goat

     Hello, I'm Nature Bob and this is the Nature Channel. Today we will be watching a bird transcend into an adult and fly out on it's own. We will be following a robin as he ascends from being a teenager to and adult bird and is set off into the great wide world. We have found a wonderful specimen, he is a robin with so much potential, we have taken to calling him Rudy. Rudy has had a standard teenage stage of his life, for birds it is called the juvenile stage. He ate worms, learned to fly, and got good grades. Rudy is now coming to the end of his juvenile stage. He is molting his feathers in favor for newer adult feathers.
    Today Rudy becomes an adult bird, he has learned everything he can from his parents and will now venture into the world to start his own nest. Before then, he must find a place for a nest with no predators and good worms. He has not been able to find a nest which he deems good enough for him and his future chicks.
    It has been a year and Rudy has not yet found the perfect nest or a suitable mate. His feathers are now in full bloom and he is an adult bird. Rudy has now moved his Xbox into his parent's nest. His parent's grow nervous with his late blooming but are patient with him.
    Rudy has started his own flock which many birds are known to do. They come over every other day to preen and play video games. Rudy's parent's are becoming annoyed. Rudy should hurry, in the animal kingdom if a chick does not leave it may be unceremoniously pushed from the nest. This may happen to Rudy if he does not hurry and leave.
   Rudy is no longer looking for a nest or a mate. He has stopped his mating calls and deleted his Match.com account. Rudy no longer goes out to get his own worms such as the other birds do, he leaves it to his parents. Rudy's parents are now preparing to nudge him out of the nest, they hope this will get him to find a mate and begin a nest, so that their species may go on. Sadly, a nudge out of the nest either ends in return to the nest or death, but that is just the way of life in the animal kingdom. We'll be right back after these commercials to watch the slug's marriage fight ritual. I'm Nature Bob, and this is the Nature Channel.


© 2014 Goat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an interesting piece. I might reformat it a little, to make it clear that it is a narration, and I did notice one possessive its that has an apostrophe, but well written and sharp, a clever comparison.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love the way you write and twist things into different meanings, loved this keep writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Well, Rudy certainly needs to be pushed out of the nest. Great parallel between birds and teenagers of today.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Goat

9 Years Ago

Haha, thank you. I'm glad it wasn't too confusing.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 17, 2014
Last Updated on June 17, 2014

Author

Goat
Goat

Twin Cities, MN



About
I am a young writer. I love to write humorous stories and meet new people. I would love to read your stories and review them, though i can't promise I'll be too serious. Also, goats are cool. more..

Writing
A Reptile on Fire A Reptile on Fire

A Story by Goat


Don't Bully Don't Bully

A Story by Goat


Really Alone? Really Alone?

A Poem by Goat