A Hero

A Hero

A Story by Aileen
"

war

"

       She walks slowly through the graves. Looking for her hero. She was the bravest Marine she had ever met. They were best friends through boot camp, SOI and 3 tours of Iraq. She found the grave. She bent down and placed a bouquet of flowers on the grave. She remembered the last moments with her, they were running to another marines aid, by a building. She was on one side of the injured marine; her friend was on the other. They were patching him up as best as they could. They were pined down, with the fire getting heavier. The next thing she know was her friend yelling “look out” and shoved her away. When she looked up to see her friend with a knife in her. She shot and killed the attacker.

      Her friend said it was a plusher to serve with her. She told her it would be ok. Her friend closed her eyes that would never open again. just as she died, reinforcements came. The fire died down.
She could still hear her voice saying “plusher serving with you”; she saluted the grave of her hero. Then she about faced and walked away.
 

2007

© 2008 Aileen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

heyy aileen!!!
this is a deep story that really captures the essence of war.
the imagery is gastly yet beautiful at the same time,
i admire that quality in a peice of writing.
i think you really have a talent for writing about
subjects that you are familiar with, and i would imagine
that this would strike a chord with Marines around the country,
and the families who lost loved ones at war.
thanks for sharing, and keep on writing,

kyle


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 19, 2008
Last Updated on July 11, 2008

Author

Aileen
Aileen

Long Island, NY



About
My name is Aileen; I�m a freshman in high school and I�m 14. I�m in the marching band, color guard. I love to draw and write. My brothers and my dad got me into wri.. more..

Writing
The New Ones The New Ones

A Book by Aileen


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Aileen


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Aileen