A Soldiers Experience

A Soldiers Experience

A Story by Aileen
"

it's probly not that great...it was a school project in 7th grade...its when i started to pick up writing again. srry if its bad

"

As we walk the dusty streets, people were just starting to come out. shots came at us like sunbeams on a sunny day. people scattered for their lives. the guy beside me droops to floor. we turned the corner. the hummer in front of us came under fire form a near by roof top. we hid behind a building shooting at the enemy. the screams of innocent bystanders caught in the middle of a horrible war. the guy in front of me falls to the ground, he was my best friend. he was shot in the chest, it looked to be several shots, by the way the blood was gushing out. i told him he was going to live, that everything was going to be ok. he said good-bye my brother, and he losed his eyes. eyes that will never open again. i wanted to die for the loss of my brother, but i heard my sisters voice saying "come back home safe, bro, i love you. good luck." i thought of her, my parents, my wife, and my son, back home. i new i had to serive. we were pinned down for hours. finnaly we got reinforcements. we had many battles that week. when i returned home a year later people asked me of my experience over seas. i told them of my fallen brothers and sisters. i didn't forget my fallen comrades or the looks of the kids running away from the gunshots or the sound of car bombs going off. some people could me 'Hero' but i wasn't the hero, my fallen brothers and sisters were hero's, not me.

i had to back. i had to go back and fight for this country, besides my brothers and sisters. i had to do what was right. i did go back...but this time i wasn't so lucky...

© 2008 Aileen


Author's Note

Aileen
srry bout the bad spelling. n i dont give a houres a** is u agree or not. but thats what a lot of soldiers and marines feel. and what happens to them

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Why wouldn't we agree? As in this, with all of your writing [about war], I think you do a great job with exposing the horrors of war (I would call them horrors. Other people might not.)
For future reference: finnaly= finally.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on July 7, 2008
Last Updated on July 7, 2008

Author

Aileen
Aileen

Long Island, NY



About
My name is Aileen; I�m a freshman in high school and I�m 14. I�m in the marching band, color guard. I love to draw and write. My brothers and my dad got me into wri.. more..

Writing
The New Ones The New Ones

A Book by Aileen


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Aileen


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Aileen