Oh, David

Oh, David

A Story by the~phantoms~flutist
"

Kind of a random blurt or vignette... whatever... very dark. A vampire goes on account of another vampire's wrong-doings.

"

Oh, David, I tried, I really, really did. I wanted you as much as one could want another being dead. I chased after you until your light flickered out, and forgive me, do forgive me. I was stupid, and stupid isn’t something that I rely on strongly. The human was nothing to me, not really, of course not. You were right just like you always are, with that sadistic smile of yours that killed me every single time you passed. Those sharp, white, teeth were something that a girl could die over, truly.

Why are you not speaking to me now? Well, my love, I guess its better, now I can finish what I have to say.

I love you, David, you know that is never going to change. Well, from at least now, no, of course it wouldn’t change. We’re together now, David, just as you always wanted to be with me, you know, together for eternity. Damned for eternity. Don’t you see? Now we are entirely even. Are you not happy? Are you not glad?

Oh hush that whining, my darling, my love, it does you no good, and it’s unfashionable. Moaning isn’t something a gentleman would do, now would it?

It’s not what I think, though, it’s what you are saying to me right now. Words of devotion, love, and adoration for me, of course, that’s what you said to me years ago, right? And now we’re together just like you wanted us to be. I know there are no lies, none at all! There is nothing to this world now that is made up of lies from head to toe. Especially not now. You love me, too, you say, do you? Do you, really? After all I just put you through, do you love me? How can that be even decidable, even mentionable…? I am a horrible person, a horrible vampire, after all. I don’t have the patience and selflessness. Of course, you don’t either, now do you?

Oh please, darling, don’t tell me the truth, the facts and everything that goes with it. Don’t tell me your heart has hardened, because I already know. I can see right through you, for it is very clear, almost like reading the most interesting book on the shelves. Your deceits are rather interesting, you know. Quite fascinating on how you can keep it all going at the same time, probably your own talent as to my talent of a voice.

Bring me all the flowers, the thorn roses you have in your garden, and let me bleed with you as I have before, though this time, we both suffer. How extraordinary! Oh, darling, you’re crying. Why are you crying when we can be so happy? We’re together forever, remember? Don’t gravel to me now, it’s already too late.

How can you even want me anymore? Now that I am a monster, feared by all, and invincible. I don’t see your point. You beg me for my love, but I don’t see where that is coming from. Look, do you see what you have done to me? Because of our love, I have been made into the greater vampire I am! Shall you be proud?

You don’t actually love me anymore, you say. Well, how can that be? You’re not answering me, David. Why are you not answering me? Look… what you have done to me, and then look at yourself, my dear, sweet friend. I have never loved you.

Your ashes are like the exotic perfume unto the world, my love. I never loved you. I shall test that fact now, David. I’m just curious, you see. I have always been a very curious woman, do you not know? I’m taking the candle now, you see, and I’m just lighting it… right there. It’s in the right spot.

Oh, my love, you’re screaming. It’s quite alright. Everything will be fine now. Your lies are only burning, it’s alright, now we can be happy together, you know, unlike Mark and I would ever be. He’s dead, remember? Just like both of us, except he won’t speak again. Just like you, though. I suppose that’s what happens when you fall in love, the bee stings, and it dies. Just like everything.

We were never meant to be immortal, though. Nobody can strive being immortal. Especially not people like you. Lies are all the base of this world, you see. I’m a very truthful woman, you know. I tell nothing but the truth, and cloth myself in my pride, glutting myself on life. We could have done that together, for eternity.

It’s okay if you’re dead. We’ve been dead before, and we’ve came back to life before, though I’m not sure how many times that applies. You’re going to test that fact right now, okay, darling? It’ll be a great discovery.

Maybe in the next life you will remember never to tell those dreadful lies again.  

 

© 2009 the~phantoms~flutist


Author's Note

the~phantoms~flutist
Just tell me what you think...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are a fantastic writer, the first couple lines brought me in to read the rest of your story
That is very important
It was very deep and emotional. Very orginal and creative :]

Overall great job

,BrittneyMarie

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Added on March 30, 2009
Last Updated on March 30, 2009

Author

the~phantoms~flutist
the~phantoms~flutist

About
.:About Moi:. I am a flutist/musician, and an aspiring writer. I'm dedicated to both of those things with a passion, and I take them both to heart and soul. My favorite thing in the w.. more..

Writing