Your Eyes, Deceived!

Your Eyes, Deceived!

A Story by Phillip W Parsons

Good morning all, and welcome to the show. Please take a seat and settle in. For the next several hours you will be enjoying our finest quality illusion display. I urge you to not believe your senses as they will tell you things that can not possibly be. 
You will find full harnesses attached to your seats. I must insist you wear them. If you can not work your harness an assistant will aid you in doing so. Harnesses are there for your safety. The failure to use them correctly can, and has led to injury and death. The simulation you are about to embark upon is vivid, convincing and quite real to the sight, sound and even touch. 
But believe me, there is no danger so long as you remain seated and belted. You must ignore the natural urge of Fight or Flight. If you find the experience too intense, too real, too terrifying, simply raise your right hand (not your left, your right) and an attendant will escort you out of the arena at the next natural break in action. If you require medical attention, raise your left hand. Again, at an appropriate lull in the program you will be aided with whatever psychotic episode has been triggered by the very realistic and adrenaline inducing simulation that you have both Pre-paid and waived all liability for.
If you are chewing gum, best to swallow it now and not mid-scream, If you have any questions or concerns, please save them until after the show. Should you survive, your questions and concerns will be addressed in full.
The program consists of a series of simulations ranging from the first, "mild" and raises in intensity as each vignette begins, eventually reaching a crescendo labeled "horrifyingly real". The gradual steps will help your mind process the madness in small increments and hopefully spare you any unfortunate mal-affects. That, at least, is the plan.
So without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, Fincher Entertainment and BioDyne Genetics are proud to team up and bring you the most realistic Simu-Venture experience ever known to humankind. Please close your eyes and do not open them under any circumstanced until the magnometric array has cycled up to completion.
The show is about to begin, the time for turning back long since passed. I remind you  again that what you are about to endure is in no way real and absolutely impossible to ignore. 
I give you vignette number one....
"THE LION'S DEN"

© 2022 Phillip W Parsons


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Total Recall.
First thing that came to mind.
I appreciate the "Circus" setting that immediately came to mind. Me and all the other freaks who would consent to this, sitting under the big top, harnessed.
Do you basically just put the internet in front of them? Or social media?
-Myra

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Added on January 6, 2022
Last Updated on January 6, 2022

Author

Phillip W Parsons
Phillip W Parsons

Seattle, WA



Writing
Week 1 Week 1

A Chapter by Phillip W Parsons


Week 2 Week 2

A Chapter by Phillip W Parsons