My lost chance

My lost chance

A Story by Philppa
"

She waiting so long for the moment for it to be torn away.

"
I took a deep breath as I walked forward towards the roaring crowd. My left hand held a gemeinhardt,open holed,silver plated flute in my right hand my music. The blinding light hit my face and I stood for a second til my eyes adjusted to the light. I moved to my seat,the first seat, ready for what was going to be the best performance of my high school career.

The director took his rightful place at the podium and made his speech to the crowd. His voice boomed as he spoke of our hard work and dedication to get where we are now,as the best high school band in the country. As the crowd clapped he turned toward us,slightly inclined his head Signaling us to be ready, and raised his hands.

We started playing,the music flowed flawlessly,and as we went from song to song my excitement rose more and more until I was squealing with Anticipation. Then the song came. The very last song and my solo,I had practiced for hours on end waiting for this moment,we played through the song and then everyone went silent. It was my turn,I took a deep breath readying myself,then I froze. My mind went blank,all rhythm left my mind,notes were senceless to me.

The song went on,I was red with Embarrassment,the moment I had waited since I was a freshman was gone. Ruined. I had hoped for a flute solo,and luckily we had a piece with it and I worked and worked so I was able to prove I had earned the right to play it. The moment I had dreamed of was gone in a split second.

The crowd clapped and the director turned and bowed,we all stood,uniform and proud and row by row walked off stage. As I entered the dark once more a tear rolled down my cheek,I stood waiting for my friends from the saxophone and trumpet section. First came my friend from the saxophones,she hugged me and tried to tell me it was okay,but disappointment stayed inside of me. Next was my friends from trumpet. They gave me a pat and we all walked out,but our director stopped us,he looked me in the eyes and said "it was one mistake,you did your best that's all I ask for. Next time you will get it. I know you you know it"

I walked off a smile on my face. I couldn't believe someone believed on me as my band family did.

© 2013 Philppa


Author's Note

Philppa
I made this in 10 minutes because I was bored

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on January 5, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2013

Author

Philppa
Philppa

AL



About
I am a beginner writer. If you have any tips for me, feel free to give them. I hope you enjoy. more..

Writing
Library magic Library magic

A Story by Philppa


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Philppa


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Philppa