His Name is Legion

His Name is Legion

A Story by Phoen
"

Going through a dark time. Had a mental breakdown last night. This is what came from my mind. Been seeing this monster quite often as of late.

"

His name is legion for he is many. The darkness in the corner. The gleaming red eyes. He has been with me for a while now. He is almost a friend. As he sits in the corner of the room I gaze into his hellish eyes and wonder why me, why does this fiend not leave me be. Why has god permitted this atrocity permission to invade my home, my sanctuary, my heart? If god endorses such an act does it not make him demonic as well? I feel that my heart is being swallowed and that my soul is drowning. In a brief moment I step on a landing stone, I can catch my breath, I can smell the air above me. But then all at once, and all the sudden, the rock vanishes and I am at the mercy of my creator and his fiends once again. His name is legion for he is many. He is despair. He is suffering. He is pain. He is agony. He is loneliness. He is sickness. He is chaos. He is uncertainty. He is damning. His arm is outstretched now. An invitation. Asking me for his hand in a perverted marriage. He knows the caliber of my heart. He knows how much I can offer. I continue to deny him but to what end? To deny is to hurt. To refuse is to feel pain. Would it not be easier to accept his nefarious proposal and join him in his pit? Those red eyes of malice pierce my entire being. He knows my weakness. He knows that if I deliver myself unto him, that he can embrace me. He can make the loneliness disappear. The infernal stink of his personage can become my own. My soul can become black as his. What he does not know is that I am a phoenix. From the darkest depths, from the tortuous purgatory that is my current fate, I can arise with burning light. Fire is the antipathy of his cold and nightmarish darkness. The sludge and shadow will be forcefully removed by the blinding light and warmth of my endurance. He may be permitted presence but he shall in no way be permitted into my soul. The line has been drawn, the battle proclaimed. Come forth legion. “There are so many hearts connected to mine.” More so than you are legion. Let me show you the Phoenix.

 

“If you remain bound by the chains of memory, and refuse to believe your heart... then you may as well throw your heart away.” -Vexen: Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

© 2017 Phoen


Author's Note

Phoen
Not paying attention to typical grammer conventions. Was written in a moment of despair.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good story based upon the troubles on temptation and the love of the purity of life. I can see that this comes from a very heartfelt place... That you do not write without purpose. Many would see this on the surface as none but a mere story... But I see differently. I understand that you are coming from a place deep inside. This is a call out for help, and my friend I am here to receive it. This beautiful piece based on reality is very touching ot me, and I desire to help you out of the place you feel yourself in. Keep on writing, because passed the deep down. on the surface, I loved what you wrote. High in detail and incredibly vivid. Painted in my mind exactly what I figure you wanted it to. Stay strong, my friend.... The beauty in what you speak is immense. Nobody deserves the pain of feeling abandoned by god. He is here... He is waiting for your cry. Carry on, my friend.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 9, 2017
Last Updated on January 9, 2017
Tags: demon, anxiety, shadow, light, courage, depression, fear, loneliness, strength, overcomming, endure, hell, occult

Author

Phoen
Phoen

Clearfield, UT



About
Just a regular guy, wanting to express glimpses into his heart. more..