Philosophies of a Cynic

Philosophies of a Cynic

A Story by Phoenix9153
"

Thoughts and philosophies of a cynic exploring the perception of light and dark as well as the ideas of achieving happiness and serenity.

"

Some say that darkness is the source of all evil and misfortune in this world. They believe that in saying that, they are enlightened in the ways of the world. However, my opinion is that those very people are the ones buried most deeply within darkness as the biggest hypocrites in the land.


The darkness is a domain with endless possibility and opportunity. In taking away the vision of the eyes, it brings out the ordinarily dormant, yet more powerful, visions of the mind, comprised of the many other senses and thoughts a person may usually ignore. The individual reigns supreme and can finally eradicate the shackles of society and propriety under a blanket of darkness which warrants utmost confidentiality. All inhibitions, anxieties and responsibilities may be given up under the tutelage of darkness for a sense of liberation that doesn’t exist under rays of light. "...But in succumbing to darkness there is great danger" you might argue. However there is danger in anything worthwhile doing in this world and at the very least, by succumbing to the sweet embrace of darkness, you remain true to your beliefs and may retain the choice of perishing under the blessing of ignorance.


Those under the bright glare of light may pave the way to achieve their so-called 'happiness' and 'harmony' but it is only within darkness that one can truly liberate the mind to the infinite possibilities out there. Light is deceptively cruel, unearthing truths that should not be revealed, creating 'imperfections' when there is no such thing as 'perfect', and unrighteously appearing as a symbol of righteousness, happiness and hope.


There is no hope through the truths unveiled by light, no happiness in mechanically following meaningless rules and guidelines, no righteousness in upholding a merely facade of righteousness without the actions to back it up.


'Merely a cynic' you may call me. But this cynic is one that you’ll only find lurking in the darkness, far far away from the pernicious touch of light.

© 2017 Phoenix9153


Author's Note

Phoenix9153
This is not a proper story or anything, don't critic it as if it were one. Thoughts on any of the ideas presented as well as how they are presented are all welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on January 17, 2017
Last Updated on January 17, 2017
Tags: darkness, philosophy

Author

Phoenix9153
Phoenix9153

Australia



Writing