The Wolf

The Wolf

A Story by Abi
"

Very short story about manipulation and anthropomorphic wolves- please comment I need feedback!!:)

"
He drank innocence like a vampire drinks blood, like a dying man gulps air, or an alcoholic swallows their mouthwash. Nothing seemed to satiate him, and so he kept on luring her in with his charms and false promises. He bought her a pair of rose tinted glasses, told her how wonderful she would look wearing them, and so she put them on. Then, when she was at her most vulnerable, prone and helpless beneath his relentless volley of careful words and caressing hands, he bit. Straight to the artery, right from the heart he drew it out of her. His hands turned to iron and his smile to a sneer. He shed his clothes like sheep's wool and revealed a leering and cunning wolf beneath. My! What sharp teeth you have! Oh my! What huge.... Feet. And just like that, he huffed and he puffed and he blew her down like she was made of straw and sucked her childhood away. And indeed, she felt as brainless as the straw man. How had she not seem this coming? How could she not have known? If only he had a heart. Of only she had a brain. Her flimsy walls of clay came crashing down around her and she was left standing in the rubble, staring at the great wide world around her. And it was a fucked up world.

© 2014 Abi


Author's Note

Abi
I'm thinking for writing a young adult novel, sort of a coming of age story. It won't be fruity though, and not dark, but honest. This would be one of the darker plot points for my antagonist. Let me know what you think! Would you be interested in reading more? Obviously not the whole book would be as depressing as this excerpt.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good story, I like the humor within the depressing subject. reread, there are some spelling mistakes and I think some redundant transitions.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 21, 2014
Last Updated on May 11, 2014
Tags: Short, story, innocence, vampire, wolf, love, lost, girl, realistic, coming, of, age, young, adult, fiction

Author