To My Futures.

To My Futures.

A Story by Pi Cee

I hope to raise you as observers in the world, who see first, think second, and act only last with honest feeling and a rational head. I hope for you to see every person as an individual, and not put them into a category based on a superficial surface. I hope for you to go about knowing someone, not through dissecting their actions and careful analysis, but through understanding their feelings, and being able to put yourself into their thoughts. I wish to give you evidence of the poet, worker, pessimist, optimist, the deaf, the mute, the introvert, extrovert, ambivert, scientist, ant, animal, and alien in every person and especially yourselves. In times of frustration, things will be simple, but in times of patience I wish to make visible to you the complications and hope in that, you create your own simplicities.
I will present to you ideas, and expect you to receive them and keep the ones that speak to you the most. While I still hope you find beauty in the sunset, and the trees, and that we have equal passion to share such things. But no matter what I will love the person you choose to be, and support you in any and every way I'm capable of. I will provide for you my mind, to pick apart and question as you please. I will trust you to find in yourself something original, and for you to let the uniqueness blossom. I will trust you to have your own interpretations, I will guide you with questions- and answers only when you ask.
I hope for you to be able, strong-willed, and stubborn when you need to hold your ground. To my children, you will have the option to grow the seeds of my own life lessons, bear the fruit of your mother's experience, or build and plant and nurture your own garden of knowledge and opinion. Whichever you choose I again say you will have my endless support. I hope you see the beauty of every creature- person, animal, insect, every flower, and certainly every word. When you need me to simply be a mom, I pledge that I will instruct you on your bad decisions, and tell you what you shouldn't do. When you need a friend, I will carefully construct my clumsily worded opinion, which you would be thanked to keep in mind. Any support you demand of me will be given. My love will never fade, and shall always be at your beck and call.

© 2013 Pi Cee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013

Author

Pi Cee
Pi Cee

Parkersburg, WV



About
"Regardless of whether the answer of 'what do I mean to you' flatters me or not, such a question's only intention is merely for a shared understanding of one's place in another's life." "If I a.. more..

Writing