Dear Waitress...

Dear Waitress...

A Story by Prudence
"

The frustrations of eating alone

"
I am a 46 year-old single mother. I don’t often treat myself to a meal off of plates that I don’t have to wash. Usually, going out to eat means going through a drive-through to get a meal that includes a toy for my son and the least stomach-churning item on the menu. Tonight, I decided I wanted the luxury of sitting down to a grown-up meal. You looked at me and saw my gray hair and lone status and you wrote me off. You aren’t the first waitress to do this, nor will you be the last. If I were a single man, you could purr and flirt and get a good sized tip from a one person table. You put no effort into making sure I got my salad before, not after my entree. You didn’t smile or treat me as a valued guest. You saw me as a waste of your time. Maybe you are a single mom, like myself, but instead of viewing me as a sister trying to fight the good fight, you saw me as a non-person. Well, your non-tip will only confirm your lack of respect for me. F**k you, waitress. Burn in hell, b***h.
Sincerely,
A woman who normally tips extremely well

© 2014 Prudence


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good letter; good point. You didn't need the obscenities; that was overkill.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Prudence

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your feedback. I wrote that when I was very upset and the language fit the emotion I .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014
Tags: Single mom, dining alone, age, gray hair

Author

Prudence
Prudence

Chaska, MN



About
I have been writing for years, but stopped after my son was born. Now, he is getting older and I find the need to purge some of the excess thoughts out of my head again. more..

Writing