Lies Behind The Truth Of Thorns

Lies Behind The Truth Of Thorns

A Story by PixieLee
"

Threads of Thought...

"

Never ever believe a promise someone makes.
It's not that they don't mean it at the time; it just becomes weaker by the day.
No matter what they say, sooner or later people will always try to change you.
It's inevitable. They think of themselves as a 3rd party, always knowing what's best.
Everyone is after the 'perfect'.
Everyone lies.
But then, I’m no exception. Then again, my lies are simply to protect people, to shield them from the hunters.

 

Dropping like flies, while the heart, shattering into pieces.

 


They say if you stretched out an average human brain it would cover an ironing board. But how much space would thoughts cover? How would you even begin to measure them?


A soul isn't a window. It must be a structure, a foundation. Otherwise people could see right through you.
Each person is an artist, and their walls are filled with half finished paintings, their friends and loved ones, or more accurately, their relationships with those people. Some paintings are vivid and detailed, showing the depth of love the artist has for that relationship. Others are little more than a smudge on a piece of paper.

The wallpaper onto which these paintings sit is the artist's personality. Each painting is also a doorway into someone else’s gallery, where they are the artist.

 

Their love isn't wild and free, his used to hold it together in a golden cage, and keep the key in easy reach...

 

The thunder in my heart rose to its final crescendo, and when the lightning struck, it was almost like a gentle hand placed on the neck of a wild horse, soothing, yet containing the beast’s freedom for all time.

 

If I took all the world’s problems, and locked them away in the dark, they would grow feelers, like potatoes, and take over without warning.

But there would still be time to be happy.

Some people can’t live without problems to overcome; others have problems that overcome them. Are these people one and the same? A timeline of life, but which comes first?

 

Aphrodite looked on enviously, fear in her eyes,
At the girl below, dancing before the midnight skies.
Draining the moon of its love and its light,
Red, shining, and beautifully bright.

xx

© 2009 PixieLee


Author's Note

PixieLee
Harmless ramblings... Am I the only one that thinks like this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very interesting write. Im liking your style.

I actualy believe everyone thinks like this only most people have a tendancy to dismiss most thoughts immediately and it becomes as if they never thought them to begin with. They then turn thier focus to the thoughts they feel are most important or for whatever are what they wish to consentrate on at the time ... well, now im rambling.

Anyway, great write - deep insight
Keep it up




Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dude i love this... I really love the way you take the metaphors of the world and break them down.... i think a lot of people think about this in their moments of reflection but only a select few can order their thoughts enough to set them down on paper...especially this beautifully.

You are truly speacial, but then i've always known that :)

x x x

Posted 14 Years Ago


awesome...no you're not the only one, infact, you sound like me! love love, see you soon xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very interesting write. Im liking your style.

I actualy believe everyone thinks like this only most people have a tendancy to dismiss most thoughts immediately and it becomes as if they never thought them to begin with. They then turn thier focus to the thoughts they feel are most important or for whatever are what they wish to consentrate on at the time ... well, now im rambling.

Anyway, great write - deep insight
Keep it up




Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh my gosh!
that is sooo cool!
the first sentence just captures me!
byee!
:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

While disjointed, I can see what's going on. The constant symphony that is the human mind. Most people don't think like this. Most people focus on one thing at a time and to hell with everything else. My mind works much the same as yours. Mental iPod on constant shuffle, never really knowing what's going to play next,but that's part of the fun.

N. Strong

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 25, 2009
Last Updated on August 25, 2009

Author

PixieLee
PixieLee

Bournemouth, United Kingdom



About
Hey, I love writing, words release me, there just hasn't been much time to put pen to paper lately... I enjoy other's work almost as much as creting my own, seeing the world through different eyes i.. more..

Writing
NewBlood NewBlood

A Poem by PixieLee