Flowerbuddy

Flowerbuddy

A Story by B Player
"

A little girl... She is not... Big she may be... Others may be giants in this gigantic world... However, she has the touch of a flower guardian.

"
Not long ago, much like the stories about a young little girl named Thumbelina, an old woman who lived off the streets stumbled upon a beautiful garden filled with many plants and birds. She was not aware of the sign that read "Do not trespass" and set foot on the garden's pathway. This was a warning to the owner of the garden whom was a powerful wizard that looked much like a normal human being. A tall and well-preserved woman with red hair and green eyes stood in front of the old woman who was weary and looking up at the tall and young woman. 
"I am sorry if I had intruded..." The old lady exclaimed. 
"What brings you here?" 
"I was passing by and I was hoping, since your garden has been well looked after, that you may be able to spare me some bread and water!"
The tall woman was furious that the old woman would judge her by the way her flowers have been treated for she did not eat, nor did she sleep. She tended to her flowers and her flowers only for they were the only things that were important in this world, thus she explained about her garden to the old one.
"What is your name, old lady?"
"Cordelia... Cordelia Manus!" 
"You, Cordelia Manus, shall be my new apprentice!" Cordelia's eyes opened wide with shock as she heard the tall woman (Calliandra) explain that she was alone taming her pets (her adored flowers and roses) and that she needed an apprentice to cure the flowers and take care of their beds whilst she was out planting some more seeds out of her garden. They made a deal between each other that Calliandra would reward the woman with a friend that will help her feed herself and those of who she needs to feed in return for a visit every day from the first sunrise to before the sun sets on the east. 
"I accept" 
The next few months of their deal, a beautiful flower that Calliandra gave to Cordelia had blossomed, and out came a little tiny girl, the size of her any giant human's thumb and the same height as a common fairytale fairy. Not long before the little girl awoke, Cordelia realised that the little girl had wings that magically appeared after the little girl tried to stand herself up but just managed to float in the air. Her name was Flowerbuddy for she had the touch of a flower guardian.

© 2016 B Player


Author's Note

B Player
Calliandra is a flower type's scientific name that comes in two types: Calliandra Californica (Baja Fairy Duster) and Calliandra Eriophylla (Pink Fairy Duster).

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on August 11, 2016
Last Updated on August 11, 2016
Tags: girl, gigantic, flower, guardian, buddy, big, little, Calliandra, Cordelia, roses, pretty

Author

B Player
B Player

London, England, United Kingdom



About
Hi. I'm a lazy teenage/student writer that loves to dive deep into stories and allow people to have a good time when reading something exciting and filled with possibilities. more..