The Mosaic Ghost

The Mosaic Ghost

A Stage Play by C.D.Ester
"

Horror a ghost a suicide Fort Wayne Detroit Michigan what more could you ask for in a horror comedy

"

(The lights rise there is a chair in the middle of the stage on which Margret she wears a mosaic t-shirt and performance she writes in a journal as she sits in the tech shop sits)

Margret:

(Almost Goth-Like)

I was so close

so close

the walls began to close in

Voices(OS):

So close

Margret:

I was supposed to be perfect, completely f*****g perfect! But what? Oh wait I'm human! The truth is and every teenager knows it but were all too damn stupid to look at those who expect perfection and say to go screw yourself. I was so close:

Voices:

So close

Margret:

Our lives areso boarded up blocked from who we really are. Our drive for perfection is supposed to equal happiness yet instead it equals a presumptuous Bullshit. How are you? Fine, how was school ok. And no one pries no one cares no one understands that our lives make the world ripe for bullshit we lie because were not allowed to feel.

Voices(shadows start to cover the stage slowly converging on Margret):

Quit that crying! Dont be angry I do everything. Youre a liar. Shutup Im gonna give you something to cry about!

Margret:

BUt Im ranting now arent I in short the doors have closed. (Shadow covers her)

And because you never take time to see the beauty of who I am (picks up Gun SR of her and puts it to her head.)Neither will I. (Blackout Gunshot)

Voices:

Gone...

(As the voicesecho the ending the lights fade and the Scare tactics theme underscores the set movement the chorus of monsters moves the scaffolding onto the stage bearing a sign that says Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit Tech Building on SL and SR are benches or stools arranged to look like the regular rehearsal building in the chairs are Edmund, Dela, Sealoyd, Breon, and Carolette they sit facing Rick they are striking the set of their show everybody's talkin)

Rick:

(Younger Rick, about 35 years old, short Jewish male about 5'8) Thanks for staying after to help the techs guys were gonna get out of here a lot faster now so what needs to happen is that you need to take the set pieces and move them to the tech building good show tonight guys, unfortunately we lost someone a few days ago, they found her body here in the fort, gunshot wound to the head Margret Thomas

Breon:

Did Rick just say?

Carolette:

Good show?

Edmund:

Is that a compliment... Rick?

Rick:

Don't push it. What this does show is how much you guys respect and appreciate the experience you get ehre because not everyone does. (exits HL)

Sealoyd: 

Come on ya'll let's put this stuff up so we can go home, because I need to leave.

Dela:

Agreed.

Breon:

Dela, why do you sound so bitter?

Edmund/Carollette:

No really!

(Lightning sound effect)

Dela:

I think I have a reason, I'm at Fort Wayne it's Sunday and it's raining and thundering.

Edmund yeah she's got a reason.

Edmund:

Where does this stuff go?

Carollette:

The tech building.

Sealoyd:

On the other side of the fort.

Breon:

Great.

Dela:

I have a quartet in the morning and I need my sleep so Im gonna need you guys to come on.

Edmund:

Yeah let's go.

(they begin to pick up the pieces of set and move hl and reenter hr as they make their entrance we hear the sounds of a hammer banging) 

Carolette:

What is that?

Sealoyd:

It's probably just the techs come on so we can get this done. 

Carollette:

Yeah this is really stupid why did we agree to this?

Sealoyd:

We were the last ones here and our parents dont love us anymore.

(they enter the shop by climbing the scaffolding)

Carollette:

Ok, where are techs?

Sealoyd:

Not here come on.

Edmund:

Why you in such a rush Sealoydian? (sealoyd gives him a look) Dont do that again?

Sealoyd yeah never in life.

Carollette:

I swear I heard a hammer banging.

Breon:

Maybe it's just a tree come on. ( set the pices down and come down) is that it?

(blackout the hammer gets louder the banging can be heard throughout the season by benging in the risers the chorus that played voices interacts with the audiences Carollette screams)

Edmund:

Just a tree huh? I got my phone

(lights rise doly as if the cell phone light)

Sealoyd:

The lights go outin here all the time, all the techs do is fix the fuse box.

Dela:

Which is where?

Sealoyd:

Here, theres nothing wrong with it it's fine?

( lights full)

Breon:

That was strange.

Sealoyd:

Hey where's Carolette?

Edmund:

What? 

Dela:

This is totally heres what we should do get in Sealoyd's car  go home and she'll take the Woodward bud home it runs twenty-four hours.

Breon:

(in total shock) Dela!

Dela:

Hey I am running on 45 minutes of sleep!

Sealoyd:

Let's just split up and find her.

Edmund:

Fine let's go.

(Music underscores the search around the theatre for carolette this can be improvised through the audience Have fun!)

Chorus:

(Voices become an onstage chorus and surround the stage they wear ragged old Mosaic Shirts and Converse shoes and black tattered pants they can cover the stage in anyway they want they follow the characters around)

Edmund:

(hits the ground and begins to see the chorus become Spirits and converge on him in the image of RIck) WHat is going on!

Rock:

Dont just lay there on the ground like you have nothing to do! What's wrong Edmund still not good enough yet, you're wasting my time if you're just going to lay there Edmund, you know what turn in your shirt, you're out of Mosaic!

Edmund:

No! (Edmund runs through the grounds of Mosaic at the Fort and being chased by spirits and Edmund falls at the Tech building where we see Margret I.E the Mosaic Ghost inside pounding the the hammer and crying then there is a blackout and she is gone) Oh my god(is enamored with her beauty)  Who is that!

Sealoyd:

Edmund! You ok?

Edmund:

Did you find her?

Sealoyd:

No, Breon and Dela are at the Soccer field.

Edmund:

Why would they be there by the river.

 

© 2008 C.D.Ester


Author's Note

C.D.Ester
This is just a piece of what will be the fulll script of a show so the ending is because it's just not yet finished

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

YES YES YES YES YES Sry I couldnt be at the meeting my parents were out of town
But could I still have a part
LOL jk
But No REally Craig this is wonderfully amazing wirte more ASAP!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAIG!!!!!!
OM My F*****G God!!!!!!!!
This is amazing it seems that oh my god i cant even talk. Did you write this for scare tactics? Your so amazing I love you

Write more please!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Absolutely lovely suicide scene! The world could be her audience, and the words would be the same. Such vain conversations, or rather, the lack of meaningful ones, sometimes seem to be all the world is made up of anymore.

Penny

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
3 Reviews
Added on August 12, 2008
Last Updated on August 22, 2008