The World As We Know It

The World As We Know It

A Poem by Kevin Baptiste
"

There is no substitute for the truth...Either it is, or it isn't...

"

 The World As We Know It

 

- People talk of global warming and a war on terror. But the error is where their focus lies and things should be made much clearer. Dreams of global democracy destroy lives and vanquish souls. I wonder when all the answers will be let out to fill up all these holes…

- So called “world leaders” act like uneducated clowns and sit back, relax, and turn their backs as people are massacred in Darfur and Iraq. Innocent blood floods the city streets. Soldiers return home with nightmares, sweating in their sheets. Some scream out for Allah, while others cry out for Christ. It doesn’t take a genius to see that something just isn’t right…

Our Commander in Chief promises justice with a cold heart and an evil eye. The greatest country run by a ‘C’ student…Aren’t you surprised…???

- Towers sent crashing down “pulled” by the same hands of those who built them up. People left stranded in a flooded city with no one to help pick them up. The ozone is disappearing, but a blind eye is turned. History prevents us from repeating the past, but they just never learned…

- Maybe their waiting for Castro to die, or was it Saddam?...Wait, but he’s already hung and dead…Hmm…Deliver Bush into the hands of the Iraqis???…”Off with his head…!!!!”

- Some people just don’t understand, and might need a demonstration…Of order through chaos and global domination. Iran was told to cease with their nuclear antics. But their reply was “We are not afraid of any ‘Bully Tactics’”…

- Nuclear warheads tested by Korea on the 4th of July. Missiles armed, locked and ready to fly. Could this be sight of some sort of nuclear showdown??? It seems no kind of sanctions can slow them down. Radicals set up on the left, extremists on the right. Joined hand in hand and they’re ready to fight…

- No man brought anything into this world, and he sure can’t take anything out. Wonder how long it’s going to take for them to figure this out. Righteousness is the key, not money or wealth. Armed with knowledge and wisdom not ammunition clips and stealth…

- Your body is just a vessel transporting your blessed soul. But what could make a boy bring a gun to school at only six years old? In order to heal your body, you have to heal your heart. Brainwashed by society, and you’ll be left in the dark…

- An absence of evidence is in no way an evidence of absence. That’s how I know he walked the Earth with no faults and no lapses…

- When we are old, stories told and passed on to our sons…We can peacefully retire from the world, look back and say, “Well done…!”

 

 

                                                                           - Kevin A. Baptiste

© 2008 Kevin Baptiste


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amen my friend ! Well written and so true , an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind! Greed and power the order of the day.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amen..a bold and truthful statement..you need a soap box and speaker for this one..shout it from the mountains!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

While the philosophers spoke from the rostrum, and the radicals sought it underground, Kevin stoked the fires in the fireplace, where we live. Thanks Kev its might be a better reflection these days.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The political and social frustration really comes out in this

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Vinny doesn't know s**t..you nailed it...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You're young. It shows. It reads mostly like a tired laundry list. This could be forgiven if it offered a unique angle. It doesn't. Jazz it up. It's stale.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a beautiful poem! I loved it! It was absolutely amazing! It was very well written, wonderfully detailed, and greatly descriptive! Your poem was very moving, real, and passionate! Wow... the world as we know it... absolutely fantastic! Wonderful poem! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. This was brilliant.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

- When we are old, stories told and passed on to our sons�We can peacefully retire from the world, look back and say, "Well done�!"

It i up to us to make sure that this is so...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Writing like this is supposed to change the world...you are very aware of that world.....cynical yet honest with what you believe.....your convictions are well-worded and arranged...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

585 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 15, 2008
Last Updated on March 15, 2008

Author

Kevin Baptiste
Kevin Baptiste

Bronx, NY



About
"It took Pleasure to make me and Pain to give birth to me......" - Kevin Baptiste. [Sophistication that Exceeds Classification] more..

Writing