The Game

The Game

A Poem by Pmars

Distract me; take me away, to a place where you will feel no pain, because all your tears, they are in vain. All these times that you cared, a waste, all lost in the haste, the mistake of letting yourself feel. Every time you stretch out your hand, expecting me to take it, but all I do is laugh, you will never make it; you could never understand someone like me. Let's be real, I don't feel, everything I told you, you believe, never thought anyone could be so insincere. I use you for all that I want, and the second I’m done, so are you, you don’t recognize, what you take for love is lust, what you took for emotion is disgust, you were so easy, too easy to get, your life, my game, in the end its all the same.
So don’t expect me to care, I never did, you were just there, filling the gap, one more girl lost and alone, just an easy mark for my control. I got what I wanted the whole time you thought you ruled your own world, knew what you saw was the truth. Now your head spins, little whirls through the air, constantly reminding you of what was there.
You expect someone to feel the way you do, but all I am is cold, this hate inside, it's so bold. Never stop for a moment and think, always on the edge, just blink; never know if your falling or floating, Just know that your crying is over, the moment that gravity takes you over, it’s under the edge over the limit, you never know when it happens where you will end.
I take it for granted, every time the same thing, someone who reaches out for my hand, expecting the same, I give them ice, the closest I have to what they see in their eyes, the end of eternity, the beginning of forever, the pain you can unleash, one false word, one stolen kiss, they think it’s for real, but you never knew how to feel. They give their all, eventually it will take its toll. Use everyone up, take what they have, moving on like a modern demon, your name is a curse, the touch of your hand, disease, spread your life, the same as spreading death, and with each breath, whispering, a different name, the same game, a new face, the same base, the lack of emotion, got you stuck in motion, falling flat, pulled out from underneath, stealing your breath like a thief, leaving you fall unassisted, feeling like it’s your fault you missed it.
And after I use all around me, my walls fall, they surround me, tearing me down, my self-made throne on the ground, torn apart by the game, my endless victories slain, my timeless race, the same face, all the marks, one place. They band together, feeling as an avenger, together to take me down, end my fame, my claim, all my distaste, and my scorn for them, turned to hate. Who hates more, them or me? The same thing we have, this ugly aftertaste, that I could be so cold, and all of them, their stories untold. For who remembers the fallen, even after they revenge their conquest? Even after the end they remember my name, wishing for the same, that they could understand, what made them all the same.

© 2015 Pmars


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on July 21, 2015
Last Updated on July 21, 2015

Author

Pmars
Pmars

Springfiled, OR



About
Hi. I like things, and doing stuff. more..

Writing
The lone step The lone step

A Poem by Pmars


Strength Strength

A Poem by Pmars