Your Blurred Photograph

Your Blurred Photograph

A Poem by Melinda McQueen

I still have it,

And on it do my eyes often fix.

I look upon it and miss you,

Remembering the time I felt love true.

 

Sometimes I stare

As my feelings aren’t spared.

Memories never slack

When I look at your blurred photograph.

 

Though I long to have you close,

You are long gone.

Day of old fill my being,

And are there for my seeing.

 

Though blurred, it’s all mine,

I treasure it as it is the only one in my sight.

For it’s the only one I call my own,

What love your blurred photograph holds.

 

I pinned it up high on my wall

Where it doesn’t appear blurry at all.

I’m happy to be able to see your face

In the only picture I could obtain.

 

Your clear and vivid memory fills my heart,

And still ignites a spark.

I see you without lack,

Despite your blurred photograph.

© 2015 Melinda McQueen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

My husbands pictures are there where I can see them often. I talk to him at times. Crazy, no, I just miss him like crazy. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

8 Years Ago

It's not crazy at all. God bless you.
Heart-wrenching Melinda. a single photograph - my word, this is moving writing.
God Bless.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your kind review. God bless.
Ahhhh memories, what would we do without them? They can bring both joy or sadness. A very lovely piece Melinda. You poured your heart into this one and its amazing. Sad that this loved one of yours is gone but you have the memories to hold onto and the blurred photograph.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

8 Years Ago

Yeah, I miss him a lot. Thanks for reading.
I really love this poem. Its sad because you seem like your remembering someone who you really loved a long time ago and now all you have is a photograph of those happy times.
It's a really good poem, the rhyme, the flow, the message, everything is really good.
I'm adding this to my favorites because, this really deserves to be in it.
I hope everything is okay now, but what I poem you have here. Going to my favorites, God bless you.
Thanks for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

8 Years Ago

Yes I miss him so much. He died 5 years ago but the only photo I have of him is blurred. Thank you s.. read more
I see five poems in one, the first being the entire poem, the second being the first 3 stanza's alone, and the third being the last 3 stanza's alone, the fourth is (if the stanza's are labeled 1,2,3,4,5 & 6) the odd numbered Stanza's read only, and the last being the even numbered stanza's read only. Its mind-blowing. All five poems speak about a different part of that one blurred photograph. Very fascinating. I do wonder at the use of repeated ideas in sentences such as "And on it do my eyes often fix", "Sometimes I stare", "And are there for my seeing", "I treasure it as it is the only one in my sight", "I'm happy to be able to see your face" "I see you without lack". I think this repetition is what enables one to read each stanza separately and still understand what you are writing about. If this was done on purpose then you have left me speechless, if not then I'm still speechless, lol. Thanks for sharing this poem and hope the photograph, though blurry, always makes you happy even if just of a long ago memory.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

8 Years Ago

Wow, you have a good eye for poetry. lol But I didn't know I was doing that. I was simply writing fr.. read more
Nadia B.

8 Years Ago

I'm so sorry for your loss, maybe the photo can be enhanced, even if it is blurred, with technology .. read more
It is funny that it takes two to be in a sustained loving relationship but, it only takes one to love a memory when that memory offers back to you absolutely no tangible particle of feeling at all.
Melinda, I wish you a new love if this poem is a personal one.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

8 Years Ago

Yes, he died 5 years ago. Thank you so much for reading and leaving your kind review. God bless.
Well penned and quite beautiful:)
Thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your kind review. God bless.
Those hard to get and then hard to foget photos. Iike the idea of hangi g it high..kindaike one I have that is so pipixatex that ic I zoom all you see are squares of colors.. those old photos help us recall love and remeber happy times. Nice oone Melinda.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your kind review. God bless.
a beautiful write,someone in your life long ago

Posted 8 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your kind review. God bless.
 wordman

8 Years Ago

you are welcome
Wow ....this is really deep and touchy poem. Its like a person you once knew and close to and that person left you somethingfor keepsake so you won't forget him and he left and never seen again and all you have left of that friendship was his photograph..well its blurred now as years pass and the colors and image starts to fade and yet you still treasure it ... This is awesomely good Melinda... This goes to my favorite file. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Melinda McQueen

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your kind review. God bless.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

495 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 17, 2015
Last Updated on May 18, 2015
Tags: photograph, missing someone, love, blurred, poem

Author

Melinda McQueen
Melinda McQueen

TX



About
Hello, I'm Melinda from Texas. I am a published author. I'm in a chair with Cerebral Palsy and writing is my outlet. I have found deep pleasure in writing poetry. Writing helps me express my emotion.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Crystals" Crystals"

A Poem by Valentine