A Touch Of Darkness

A Touch Of Darkness

A Poem by Scarlet Rose
"

I have been alone, thinking to myself for awhile now about my past.

"
She was a tainted cherry tree, painted against the sunset with no where to go.
She was chosen to drink the flask of poison, she caused treason against her loved ones with no reason.
She was in the dark, only a spark lit up her mind but not her surroundings because she was blind.
She was too blind to be kind to the ones who really loved her, so she betrayed them and hoped someday it would get better.
The dagger in her hand made her stagger, the dizziness all to real and the bitterness in her mind never changed.
The blood on her dress made a mess, the stain in the clothing pained her thoughts.
It was cold... Her mind was no longer bold as her vision slowly faded she had realized her life became outdated.
The stone floor, covered in crimson blood became an eyesore.
She betrayed her loved ones when she could've stayed, but no one could stop her.
Her ghost was the prettiest, the most anyone would want to see.
She disappeared because she feared the memories of that past, but her life force shall ever last.

© 2016 Scarlet Rose


Author's Note

Scarlet Rose
Don't mind my formatting, this was just a quick poem before I had gone to bed. Happy reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the way it flows, I see a continuous stream of thoughts, with no forced lines.
On a lighter note, it's not a touch dark but a lot darker at it's core.
It needs a bit of formatting, otherwise comes off as a very neatly expressed piece of write.
Keep writing and sharing :) Take care.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Scarlet Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm not good when it comes to formatting but I love sharing my writes with others.
.. read more



Reviews

I like the way it flows, I see a continuous stream of thoughts, with no forced lines.
On a lighter note, it's not a touch dark but a lot darker at it's core.
It needs a bit of formatting, otherwise comes off as a very neatly expressed piece of write.
Keep writing and sharing :) Take care.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Scarlet Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm not good when it comes to formatting but I love sharing my writes with others.
.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 9, 2016
Last Updated on June 9, 2016
Tags: betray, trust, dark, darkness, her, fake, treason

Author

Scarlet Rose
Scarlet Rose

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada



About
I write from the heart, I use it as a copping method for my depression and anxiety. I'm 14 and I have a whole world to explore, and I'd like to do so.. with you. more..

Writing
Lies Lies

A Poem by Scarlet Rose


I Am Me I Am Me

A Poem by Scarlet Rose