Depression

Depression

A Poem by poetry is the key to unlocking ones soul
"

TRIGGER WARNING: If you suffer from depression and do not want to trigger, click away now.

"
Depression is horrid and unstable.
Demons control your thoughts to recreate you into someone your not.
It's as if you are constantly screaming in your mind though you're unable to make a single sound.
You feel as though hands are reaching from the ground, aiming for you're throat, and you're dragged under to darkness and gloom.
Heavy thoughts swarm in your mind screaming that nothing you ever do will ever satisfy anyone, not even yourself.
Clawing and digging to be set free, all you need is to be able to breathe.
Allowing razors to kiss your skin, fire comforting you with ever flame you touch.
Till the day you finally accept the fate that lies upon you. 
Unable to move, unable to breathe nor speak.
You lie there, broken and defeated.
You cannot feel no kind of emotion, wishing you were able to cry, though no tears can even form.
Hear racing, mind scattered.
Destroyed inside and out like an abandoned city.
Filled with fear of how you will survive.
It all leads to the day you give up all hope, the day you lie six feet down, cause the pain and guilt overcame you're life.
Depression is horrid and unstable.

© 2019 poetry is the key to unlocking ones soul


Author's Note

poetry is the key to unlocking ones soul
Tell me if you would want to see more please I work hard on these

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very descriptive, although your and you're are two different words. It was thoughtful of you to post the warning.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Added on May 29, 2019
Last Updated on May 29, 2019
Tags: #Depression, #SelfHate, #Broken

Author

poetry is the key to unlocking ones soul
poetry is the key to unlocking ones soul

Meridian , MS



About
I attempt to redefine poetry by writing in a way that reaches into your personality and forces you to connect with my words of pure poetry. more..

Writing