A Ride to Remember

A Ride to Remember

A Story by PoetryPenPal
"

A memoir. An exageration.

"

 

 

 

          My head tilted back to stare at my death. Would it be so sudden I wouldn’t even feel it? My stomach flipped, a somersault of anxious fear. Would I be able to survive the wrath of the roller coaster of death? I heard the dull voice of the bored worker saying, “Next.” The screams of joyous fear made me want to cry. I get ready to tell the world goodbye.

          It was a day of red sun. It was so hot that your insides could have melted away. A day at King’s Island in the middle of summer would be torture to the skin, but I could take it. My family and I were walking around the park when I saw it. The bridge to death, the road to heaven, the highway to… well, you get the idea. A roller coaster! My dad told me I had to ride it, and I agreed. Not to sound babyish, but I regretted it the moment we got in line. My heart jumped to my throat as my head tilted back inch by inch to stare at the railroad track that would take me to made doom. The ride attendant moaned about how she didn’t get to eat between each “Next” she spoke. My breath quickened and my mouth dried. Oh water, sweet water, I will miss you, I thought. My palms were melting as my skin turned a blushing pink, raw from the sun that burned it in the long wait to death.

          I was becoming anxious. When were we going on the roller coaster? I wondered. If I was going to die, could I do it now? As if the attendants read my mind, the doors opened and the Grim Reaper greeted me. We walked to the cars and sat down. My throat tightened and my stomach flipped. The attendants came around and brought down the restraints. Oh no, electric chair. I thought. I took a deep breath, the last one ever.

          Soon, the ride jerked forward and my heart bumped against my ribs. The first hill was approaching, and I was hoping that there was an end to this hill. When the cart started lifting back, I knew death was near. I surveyed my surroundings: the sky, the park, my dad. The sun made my eyes water, from the beauty and the brightness. Suddenly, the cart dropped and my scream turned from fear to joy.

          When the ride was over, my smile was to infinity and beyond. I couldn’t believe I had survived the roller coaster. I turned to my dad and said, “ Can we go again?”

© 2014 PoetryPenPal


Author's Note

PoetryPenPal
Please enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear writer,

Brilliant write. You just made me remember my ride of Singaporian flair.

It was awesome of an experience.

Stay blessed
Prodical

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and your wonderful review!
prodicallife

10 Years Ago

:) You are welcome
Your story reminded me of my first roller coaster ride. The only difference is that I have never been on it again.

An enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Your welcome! Thank you so much for reading and reviewing!
Praveeta

10 Years Ago

My pleasure.
A very good story. I always liked the wild rides at the fairs and parks. I had to force many to find out the rides were not so dangerous. Your ending is the true ending for most. Lost of fear. Desire to do it again. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this review and for reading!
I like the adventerous nature of this good write...Thank you for the ride...:)................

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Your welcome! Thank you for reading!
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).................
Lovely write. Uses exaggeration but not so much that it is not believable. I myself am slightly terrified of roller coasters, bad experiences a few years ago, and could slightly relate to this. Good job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Really? I always get scared right before I get on, but on the ride, I have so much fun. Thank you fo.. read more
Love it! So fun and adventurous with a slight twist.

Posted 10 Years Ago


PoetryPenPal

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 16, 2014
Last Updated on January 16, 2014
Tags: PoetryPenPal

Author

PoetryPenPal
PoetryPenPal

Lost in my thoughts..., MI



About
Stuck in that awkward stage of waving goodbye to childhood and waiting for adulthood to envelope me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trapped Trapped

A Poem by PoetryPenPal


Simple Simple

A Poem by PoetryPenPal


Forever Forever

A Poem by Blue


Winter Winter

A Story by PoetryPenPal