Sunshine

Sunshine

A Poem by nightdark
"

A simply story

"

One cloudy day I was sitting in the library writing and I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around and was shocked to see him standing beside me. 

 

"Oh, hey! I haven't seen you in like… so long!" I say.

"Yes it has been quite a while, hasn't it?" he says and invites himself to sit down in the silver, plastic, empty chair next to me. "So what have you been doing all this time?" he asks. "How long has it been? Like six months or so. Damn."

"Wow that is quite a long time. I have been finishing up school and working." I reply, thinking of how caught up in work and school I've been that I didn’t even think of messaging him to ask how he was doing. But neither did he. "What about you, what have you been doing?"

"Well I have been doing school as well and exams are coming up really soon. But also I just got a job as well. I don't work there a lot due to my school schedule, but they understand." he responds and smiles. "Do you want to go walk for a bit?"

"Sure, why not? I need a break from sitting inside anyways."

I pack up my stuff and log off the computer and we head outside. The clouds started to clear out slowly and I saw the sun peaking out a little bit.

 

I am really happy I saw him today. He always makes my day, even if I'm not in a good mood and also put a smile on my face, when I don’t want to smile at all.

We left the library and started walking in an upward direction then out of nowhere he says, "I am really happy I saw you. Maybe one day we can study together. Even if we aren't studying the same thing, we can just sit together and try to help one another out."

A little thrown off, I say "Yeah sure. That would be fun." And smile.

We walk down with no destination in mind, just two old friends catching up from not seeing each other in a while. 

 

And I thank myself for getting out of the house and going to the library today because if I decided not to go then I would not have seen him today. Its really interesting how small things like that could change everything.

 

© 2018 nightdark


Author's Note

nightdark
thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on August 14, 2018
Last Updated on August 14, 2018
Tags: love, poem, poetry, happy, happiness, story, simple, you, him, cute