I Paint With Words

I Paint With Words

A Poem by Wesley
"

A poem about a different artist. I give credit for the title to Denise a dear buddy of mine. One night during a conversation out of nowhere the title was there. She gave me permission to use the title

"
Don't put me in front of a blank canvas with a palette full of colors, you will get nothing: Give me a piece of paper, A pen or pencil will be my brush. It is here I begin my task of reaching out to others with my words.

I will gather words from conversations or from billboards, just pretty much from anywhere...a collection if you choose to call it.My inspiration to write poetry will come at a moment's notice so yes I do have to be ready to begin.

In front of me is a blank page, a moment in time with a loved one or a friend will be my muse sometimes: even photographs invite me to write about what is in them, everywhere I turn, words, words, and words.

I do not know how to paint with colors in a different way I choose, words pop into my head I must write..when formed a new poem is born: I am an artist of a different kind...you see I paint with words.

© 2018 Wesley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The painter is much like the poet. We both start with a blank canvas. He can choose to sell his originals, whereas we get to keep ours. I don't think I could ever part with something that I put so much of myself into.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Added on August 2, 2018
Last Updated on August 2, 2018

Author

Wesley
Wesley

Grand Rapids, MI



About
Poetry has had an impact on my life since reading it in the seventh grade. The book was ' You And I' by Leonard Nimoy. Years later I really got into it. My favorite poet is Rod McKuen although I read .. more..