A Lost Love

A Lost Love

A Story by Kass
"

When your love leaves the take part of you with them.

"
I don't want our love story to be like any other love story. We were different.
Aaron and I met in old town Jefferson. September 3, 1974. Our meeting wasn't exactly "love at first sight". But I do believe it was destiny. Aaron was driving down highway 65 in the rain when he suddenly noticed a smashed and burning truck sitting on the side of the rode.
Immediately Aaron sprung into action and slammed on the brakes. Aaron jumped out of his car and ran to the trucks aid. I just happened to be in the backseat of that Ford truck. I went to a party that night and some drunk kidnapped me and tried to take me home with him. On the way he swerved and crashed. Both of us passed out and nearly choked to our deaths. But Aaron was there.
I woke in the hospital bed to find a striking young man towering over me. I marvelled at his peace and beauty. He was strong and handsome. His face resembling an ocean. Smoot, sleek, and calm. After a few minutes of pure heaven I fell asleep due to the drugs the nurse had given me earlier to help with some pain.
Next thing I knew I was awake again to the doctor telling me what has happened the prior night. I fell in love with Aaron and we finally arranged a date after I was released from the hospital. We saw a wonderful movie and strolled through Jefferson Park hand in hand.
Six and a half years later we got married in Jefferson and bought a small home. We planned on having kids. I wanted two, Aaron wanted four. Our lives went on pretty average from there. I got pregnant and was due next May. We prepared everything.
Nine months later I'm back in the hospital preparing to deliver. I suddenly get a warning from the doctor that something is going wrong and my heart is working to hard. He said if this continued I might lose the baby and my life. I asked him why this was happening.
Six and a half years ago I was in an accident were my heart failed and the hospital was able to start it again. My heart is now deciding to act up and kill me and my unborn child.
The doctors informs that I need a heart transplant now if this baby and I want to live. I don't know what to do. I'm scared and lost and sick. I don't even know anymore. All I do then is pray. Next thing I know the doctor comes in to tell me a donor has been found. I'm dying and I can't speak but I am relieved. The rush me into surgery and preform my heart transplant and my delivery.
I am woken by the sound of a infant crying. I open my tired eyes to see a beautiful baby boy sitting in my arms crying. He suddenly stops and looks up to smile at me. I cry and smile back. I look up to the empty chair next to me expecting to see Aaron. He's gone!
The doctor walks in with a long face staring at the empty chair as well. I start to ask him where Aaron is. He stops me to say that he has some unfortunate news. "The donor was Aaron." The doctor hugs me tight and says. "He loved you so much!"
I look down at my child thinking, he gave everything for us!
I now live with my three year old son Aaron and our dog Dina in my small house I bought almost four years ago. I proud to have a hero in my life. Although he deserves more of a life than me, he gave it all up for LOVE.

© 2016 Kass


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well i loved the story....Heart-warming write....Very well described and well thought out....It has the capability to attract the reader's mind...So well done.....But i want to request you to edit your story a little...There are few spelling mistakes which i would call printing mistakes....Like in the description part it may it 'they take' in place of 'the take'....If you just give a little read to your story im sure you will find those little errors....I hope you don't mind.....God bless you.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kass

8 Years Ago

Thank you! The critiquing really have me some ideas and pointers!
Inject Positivity

8 Years Ago

Well im honoured to hear that my review has helped you someway.....Thank you too.....Looking forward.. read more



Reviews

You truly have a smart mind Kass....The story is great and well-thought of apart from a few errors

Posted 8 Years Ago


heart touching! I appropriate both of you and pray for your kid!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well i loved the story....Heart-warming write....Very well described and well thought out....It has the capability to attract the reader's mind...So well done.....But i want to request you to edit your story a little...There are few spelling mistakes which i would call printing mistakes....Like in the description part it may it 'they take' in place of 'the take'....If you just give a little read to your story im sure you will find those little errors....I hope you don't mind.....God bless you.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kass

8 Years Ago

Thank you! The critiquing really have me some ideas and pointers!
Inject Positivity

8 Years Ago

Well im honoured to hear that my review has helped you someway.....Thank you too.....Looking forward.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2016
Last Updated on January 3, 2016

Author

Kass
Kass

IA



About
I write likeAnne RiceAbout Anne Rice | Analyze your text I write likeVladimir NabokovAbout Vladimir Nabokov | Analyze your text I write likeCharles DickensAbout Charles Dickens | Analyze y.. more..

Writing
My Story My Story

A Story by Kass


Dear Daddy, Dear Daddy,

A Story by Kass


Forever A Friend Forever A Friend

A Story by Kass